Home General Discussion
Options

the big easy

reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
my wife and i, are leaving for new orleans in a few hours! this will be our first real vacation, in the 17 years we have been together. i am hoping to find some new to me sticks, that can only be had down that way! i have read that the regius cigars are sold in a few places, are there any others i should be on the lookout for?

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Dunno brah, but have a good time!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    my wife and i, are leaving for new orleans in a few hours! this will be our first real vacation, in the 17 years we have been together. i am hoping to find some new to me sticks, that can only be had down that way! i have read that the regius cigars are sold in a few places, are there any others i should be on the lookout for?
    my favorite city......but i haven't been down there since i have been a cigar connoisseur. Do yourself a favor and take the trolly through all of the garden district. There are some awesome restaurants down in that area that aren't nearly as busy as the ones in the quarter and are just as good if not better. Plus the architecture down in that area is awesome.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first time I ever heard of Elogio my one of my B&M guys said he discovered them in New Orleans. Don't remember exactly were he first saw them but I took a quick look at their website and they have a small list of retailers and one of them is in New Orleans. Crescent City Cigar Shop 730 Orleans Ave. New Orleans, LA 70116 504-522-4427 www.cccigarshop.com

Hope you have a great time :)
  • Options
    Thanx for the info guys! And I'll try to get over that way bob!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Cigars no but go to Acme Oyster house and get your grub on.
  • Options
    james40:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oZATMpFlio
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Rain:
    james40:
    rofl, hilarious. People are staring at me now.
  • Options
    Rain:
    james40:
    Lol that's funny USB right there!!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    agreed. Acme oyster house is amazing i love the soft shell crab po'boy. some of the best eats ever.

cigars are at Crescent City Cigar Shop 730 orleans ave.
    Armando is a wonderful man who knows his cigars. if i am not mistaken this is Beatnic's home B&M.
    while you are there pick up some Elogio cigars. hard to find but they have them. one of my favorite blends. seriously check it out. no other cigar shops in the area come even close to CCCigar shop.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Wear shorts, a hat, and keep an umbrella close.
    How long will you be in town?
    I'll be happy to help you with anything food or cigar related. As to Regius Cigars, the only place I know of for sure that carry's them in Louisiana is located in Lafayette, a couple hours' drive.
    Bring your hunger for life.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Wear shorts, a hat, and keep an umbrella close.
    How long will you be in town?
    I'll be happy to help you with anything food or cigar related. As to Regius Cigars, the only place I know of for sure that carry's them in Louisiana is located in Lafayette, a couple hours' drive.
    Bring your hunger for life.
    we will be there until sunday afternnon, i am a big eater and cannot wait to try everything!! but that soft shell po boy sounds amazing!!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    reggie713:
    i am a big eater and cannot wait to try everything!! but that soft shell po boy sounds amazing!!
    You'll fit in just fine. I take it you'll be in the French Quarter. There's enough cigars and food within walking distance to keep you busy for 2 weeks. If you're into "real" live music, walk down to Frenchman Street on Fri. or Sat. evening.
    Joie de Vivre
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    reggie713:
    i am a big eater and cannot wait to try everything!! but that soft shell po boy sounds amazing!!
    You'll fit in just fine. I take it you'll be in the French Quarter. There's enough cigars and food within walking distance to keep you busy for 2 weeks. If you're into "real" live music, walk down to Frenchman Street on Fri. or Sat. evening.
    Joie de Vivre
    ...and see if you can check out tanya and dorise for music as well. they are usually on the corner of Royal and toulouse. they presided over a renewal of vows for my wife and myself when we were there and then proceeded to play a few songs for us. they are very good at what they do.

and seriously, dont forget about ELOGIO cigars.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Cafe Du Mont - a must
    Dragos - in the hilton, across from Harrahs - best charbroilled oysters!!!
    Cajuns - local place for the best broiled crawfish and poboys (my in-laws/family owns this)
    Keith's Seafood - also a local (my in-laws/family owns this), but this is in slidell part (40 min from downtown)
    Praline Connection
    there are tons of cigar shops there in the French Quarters, grab a drink and you can go anywhere.

I go here about 3-4 times a year to visit family and always just eat seafood while i'm there. Enjoy!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man cool! Have a great time. That sounds good I might look into a trip ther next year.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that sounds like a great trip.hope you have a wonderful time!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    We are gonna take a cab and get dropped off somewhere around bourbon street today and check out as much as we can!
  • Options
    Pictures!