Home Cigar 101

So, just where are these 290 guests?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
There are 290 guest(s) online. There are 10 member(s) online. So just where are these guests? Are they on the website, or are 290 people just lurking around in the forum?

Comments

• edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming that they are Forum Lurkers...... I would assume that a site like Cigar.com has way more than 290 people visiting their website at one time..... I was a Forum Lurker for nearly two years before i signed up in 2011 and started posting.....
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    They are on the forum. You can click on "Who is online" and actually see which threads they are reading.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Yeah...we were all lurkers at one time and then something drew our attention into becoming members. New people like to see a drama free environment and look for camaraderie when peeking inside and reading. A lot of new people tend to feel intimidated by so much information...remember when you first started out and it was so easy just to buy a cigar and smoke it...now it's about storage, RH, cello on or off...full bodied vs medium body/strength...it can overwhelm a new person. Our reality is somebody elses nightmare when it comes to knowing what to do with cigars...when to smoke it..how to clip..how to light..one puff or two short puffs...YIKES!! If we as a group of members can make things comfortable and answer questions from others in a polite yet exciting manner it draws others into this world of ours...good info and decorum is key to success in Cigar Forums and bad attitudes which are most notable from those who tend to think they know more than the next guy...or the guy who gives a new member a bad time for asking those questions we all asked when we were new. There are Cigar Forums out there that are just downright nasty...they treat new members like 'chew toys' and badger them in the name of "Cigar Hazing"...it's wrong. This Forum is filled with very good and honest men and even if we disagree with each other it's still a good environment to be in..we can disagree without being disagreeable.