Home Non Cigar Related

Bay Area BOTLs: Santa Clara?

perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
I'm starting up the job search and there's an opening in Santa Clara that I'm looking at. Really a long shot but it's more than worth pursuing, but I was wondering about Santa Clara, decent place to live and work or *** hole? I've been to San Jose a couple times and liked it well enough.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Its been a long time since I've lived in that area,, bout 20 years ago. As I remember Santa Clara was a nicer city than San Jose. I used to work in Santa Clara and I remember the commute sucked and that was then, probably hasnt got any better.. Sunnyvale and Mountain View are two adjacent cities that were also nice places.. Seems every city has a depressed area so Im sure there are not so nice parts but on a whole, if the job supports the cost of living, then I would go for it.
    Things I dont like so much about California
    Regulations & laws
    both State income tax and sales tax
    Vehicle registration and insurance,, On the high side
    Traffic
    Not as easy to get away from it all,, and when you try youll be joined by thousands with the same idea.
    Cost of living

Things I love about California
    Scenery/Nature, beaches,moutains etc
    Weather,, doesnt get any better
    Sports
    food,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Rudy, come back - we need you.

I have never lived there but have stayed there three times for a week each. I really like that area but have no idea on the housing market. Good luck with the job.