Home Non Cigar Related

Anyone live in Nevada?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
My wife and I are thinking bout relocating to the Reno/Sparks area. Thoughts on the area, economy, environment and surrounding areas?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    The surounding area is beautiful, having just traveled through,, i hear they get seasonal winds that stir up alot of dust and the air quality suffers because its in a basin ,, not sure. have always considered the area to live, with its proximity to surrounding areas,, would like to hear bout this one myself,, it does get snow in the winter,, which can be a good or bad thing
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    LiquidChaos66:
    My wife and I are thinking bout relocating to the Reno/Sparks area. Thoughts on the area, economy, environment and surrounding areas?

What's the matter with Texas?
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    LiquidChaos66:

What isn't? ;) lol too far from home. Plus Texas doesn't host Hot August Nights.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    pilgrimtex:
    LiquidChaos66:

What isn't? ;) lol too far from home. Plus Texas doesn't host Hot August Nights.
    plenty cold beers for dat,lol
  • mstrozzimstrozzi Posts: 3
    I live in North Eastern Nevada, but I grew up in the Reno area. I head over there a few times a year to visit my mom and sister.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    mstrozzi:
    I live in North Eastern Nevada, but I grew up in the Reno area. I head over there a few times a year to visit my mom and sister.
    Sorry that was me. My wife was logged in for some reason (maybe I'm getting a surprise!).
    And what are your thoughts on the areas? The people, jobs, weather, crime rates and such?
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I like Reno. Big enough to have everything you need, but not a huge city. Close to all kinds of outdoor adventures, Tahoe, Pyramid, the Sierras. It's getting bigger and has the problems that comes with that but I wouldn't mind living there
    Thats what ive been hearing from a few people. Im hoping i can make something work out for this i would love to start fresh in another state. There are just so many risks and some huge factors that could make or break us pretty quick if we dont get things lined up before going down there.