Home General Discussion

What do you think of this humidor?

Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
I found this on my local craigslist for 300. Bucks. image

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    $300

?

whats wrong with it? spend a lot of time looking it over before you buy. especially the seal. dollar bill test.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    I havent gone to look at it yet. The seals on the doors would be my main focus. I have an extra hydra humidifier I could throw in it if I bought it.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    That sliding door in the middle part looks like a sealing nightmare to me. Definitely check the seal on that sucker! 300 isn't too bad for it.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I'm not trying to nitpick, well maybe just a little, but for 300 it seems pretty small, and it has a lot of oak inside. I would definitely check it out, but with the size and interior not looking like spanish cedar...I'm thinking it's a merchandise display cabinet that someone put some shelves in, and called it a humidor. I would be super wary.
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I would just spend a couple hundred more for a tower humidor. Triple the size.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I apologize, after doing some research, it looks like a very good find

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57416

http://montgomery-tx.showmethead.com/furniture/900-obofuego-cubano-cigar-humidor-display-cabinet_18861804.html

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/topic/63675-cabinet-humidor/

I apologize for quick to judge statement, It appears that these humidors originally sold for a lot of money.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    $500 tower. Show me the way brother.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Rail Jockey:
    $500 tower. Show me the way brother.
    Me too...

great find dude. Let us know what it's like after you see it up close.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    According to the research done this was a $2200. Humidor When New and it is 5 feet tall by 3 feet wide.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have something like that or the one Glen(Phobicsquirrel) got...really nice. Maybe when you talk to the owner find out about they used it, how long etc..are you going to go kitty litter for humidification? Congrats!
    Ive sent muliple emails to the owners and so far there has been no response back. I have a Hydra humidifier that I would use for this. If I got this I could consolidate my 6 humidors and a 100 quart cooler in one humidor. Or, I could look for a tower to do the same.
  • Chuck N:
    Ive sent muliple emails to the owners and so far there has been no response back. I have a Hydra humidifier that I would use for this. If I got this I could consolidate my 6 humidors and a 100 quart cooler in one humidor. Or, I could look for a tower to do the same.
    Hey,, that's really strange that the owner is not responding !! But, to be honest I really love that humidor as you depicted that you already have a humidor so why don't you sell this to me?? Eagerly Waiting for your response.
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    Seems like a very good price for which looks like an awesome piece
    The owner finally did get back to me and said the humidor was on hold. Whatever that means?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's freakin gorgeous man. But I'm with Scarlin the middle part of that sliding door may be of concern. But if the seals good I love it.