Home General Discussion
Options

relaxing with a cigar and meteor shower

Well the first part was correct. I had a casa torano casa torano in robusto i believe. What a night it has been last 3 nights. No cloud cover to speak of and just BEAUTIFUL temps. So that night i stayed up til 2 am to see the meteor shower. What did i get for my relaxation? 3 visible meteorites. Wow, blow me away. Yeah i know they are supposed to be better round 4am but still just 3!! Anyway the next night i thought there would be some leftover meteorites and i was right. This time 2!!! Wel all in all some very relaxing nights star gazing which is the best way i know how to relax. Right now its an Oliva serie O robusto and the stars. Every night should be like this. Just beautiful out and no clouds but this stinkin street light that knocks out bout 40% of the stars but anywho.

Comments

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Glad you got to see some of them... wanted to watch the Perseids myself but we've been overcast for days.
  • Options
    Seems that its always cloudy when there is a meteor shower in my neck of the woods so thats why i was anxious on this go around. Too bad i didnt see many. Although my ex fiance father had a lakehouse and it was pure darkness at night. You could see thousands of stars and constant "shooting stars" so that was cool.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i did that last night with a camacho diploma. i was out for about 90 min or so and saw only 2. in all fairness i was kinda close to the city and i wasnt 100% fixed on the sky. good conversation with the wife and friends kept most of my attention.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Yea... for the first time in years, I had clear skys... Went out just after midnight... stayed for about 45 min... and we saw 3. Oh well. Best I ever remember was the Leonids in November 2001. Was in montauk long island (NY). It was a storm! hundreds per hour. :)
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭

I would have loved to have seen them this year, and it does sound like a good time. You have to remember most of the shooting stars are tiny as hell, and if your ina  town where you can barely make out the big dipper. you won't see ***. Also one hour could truly make a difference. Just think how many miles the Earth rotates in an hour, its roughly 1000 miles an hour. So one hour may seem like not much but on the grand scale it can be. Though I heard the one in November usualy always puts on a good show

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you didn't do it last night, you have one more chance tonight.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Say what

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had no idea this was a thing lol sounds awesome though