Home Pipes
Options

Drew Estate Pipe Tobacco

J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
Anyone else excited about DE's new line of pipe tobacco set to come out in August? I usually wait to hear a review or 2 before I buy but I am thinking I am going to pre order a couple of tins.

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that it was happening, but haven't paid enough attention to know what's coming.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Well....if it's super rare, overpriced, and burns like a campfire on steroids...I won't be interested lol. I'll try and score some at the show.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    catfishbluezz:
    Well....if it's super rare, overpriced, and burns like a campfire on steroids...I won't be interested lol. I'll try and score some at the show.

I hear you! I am not into the infused cigar thing but I cannot help but wonder if it will not work out better with pipe tobacco and it looks like they have a couple of offerings that are traditional English blends. I will start there and maybe, if they are OK try the cherry blend. The blend notes say that while you pick up the cherry you can also taste the tobacco. If that is true then they may be on to something. Here's to hoping!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    ^^^ funny! ^^^
    I haven't been a fan of their cigars. I'm not knocking them, they're just not for me, in general. Occasional exceptions, of course. I'm with J.S., pipe tobacco may turn out to be their thing.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain