Walt's Tobacco Emporium

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    cool!!! yea too much bite no like-e,, little bit ok,
  • Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    When you eat limburger cheese like I do Toe Jam isn't bad. LOL
    Been busy so I haven't been on the web much other than lookin at sailboats. (still my first love) Need something small enough to fit behind the jeep so I'm lookin at small pocket cruisers. So far the com-Pac sun cat is the benchmark for me.
    As for my blends, I'm not planning to go into business so I will share the recipes with you all if you want them.
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    Been busy so I haven't been on the web much other than lookin at sailboats. (still my first love) Need something small enough to fit behind the jeep so I'm lookin at small pocket cruisers. So far the com-Pac sun cat is the benchmark for me.
    As for my blends, I'm not planning to go into business so I will share the recipes with you all if you want them.
    mmmm Limburger onions and rye bread
  • Options
    The buffalonian:
    pilgrimtex:
    mmmm Limburger onions and rye bread

You must be of Schwabisch Decent. My father's favorite sandwich. LOL
  • Options
    My first love has been the sea. Turned my Lounge into a Maragaritaville lounge Lol
    Now thinkin about a small sailboat that I can Pull behind the jeep. A gunkholer like the Com-Pac sun Cat. That's the benchmark. May one day pack up my most val possessions and buy a large seaworthy Sailor to live aboard and chuck the world.
  • Options
    The great Tobacconist is in, and out and in, and out. Lol
    Between Treva not working right now and the number of Veterans in distress makes for a busy boy.
    Also happened to find a boat. Picking her up tomorrow.
    photo 22401a22-f6e0-47b8-8f9d-c9ef283f02f1.jpg
    Used to live down by South Padre and had an offshore capable powered boat. Searched for a sailboat the entire time. Now I found her. Her name is "High Five".
  • Options
    I have another blend in my sea locker. I have decided to leave well enough alone and Gloucester is officially blend one of this series. I cannot change anything in Gloucester without loosing the magic. I have However come up with a tamer blend for those who do not want to venture outside protected bays or inlets. I call it "Baffin Bay" after a small bay here in Texas north of South Padre Island. Isolated and pristine. It is a joy to smoke all day but it won't take you around the horn and back. For that you need Gloucester. What do you do for a drunken sailor. LOL
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    pilgrimtex:
    The great Tobacconist is in, and out and in, and out. Lol
    Between Treva not working right now and the number of Veterans in distress makes for a busy boy.
    Also happened to find a boat. Picking her up tomorrow.
    photo 22401a22-f6e0-47b8-8f9d-c9ef283f02f1.jpg
    Used to live down by South Padre and had an offshore capable powered boat. Searched for a sailboat the entire time. Now I found her. Her name is "High Five".
    Wow! Nice! You will no doubt really enjoy it.
  • Options
    Hey ya'll. Those who've received samples from me. How about some reviews? That's what I'm looking for.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Haven't had the Gloucester yet. I really enjoy our original and English, not sure which one I like more yet. I'm saving a fresh cob for the Gloucester. Honestly, after buying all that McClelland stuff, I like yours better lol. Then again, I think I am liking the aromatics more then the campfire type stuff.
  • Options
    mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    catfishbluezz:
    Haven't had the Gloucester yet. I really enjoy our original and English, not sure which one I like more yet. I'm saving a fresh cob for the Gloucester. Honestly, after buying all that McClelland stuff, I like yours better lol. Then again, I think I am liking the aromatics more then the campfire type stuff.

Maybe we can swap. I've got dozens of aro's I probably won't revisit because I just prefer the McC's more. PM if interested.
  • Options
    mgk2020:
    catfishbluezz:

Maybe we can swap. I've got dozens of aro's I probably won't revisit because I just prefer the McC's more. PM if interested.
    I may be down. I really like Captain Black Royal for example. I have no clue why, I just do. I also really like one of the Frog's, but not all the others just yet. I do want to wait a bit and let me palate grow. After that, I may be open for trade.
  • Options
    That is one nice looking sail boat. I love that dark emerald green with the bright red to contrast... beautiful .
  • Options
    Ok, so I had the Gloucester last night through a brand new cob. It burned a bit hot for me, and def had a ton of bite. That may be due to breaking in the new pipe, and I put it down. I followed with a half bowl of the english, and it rocks. I will try the Gloucester again soon in an older bowl and let you know. I detected Latakia notes and some underlying richness, but i think the heat really kept it from shining. It did take a while to get lit, i may let it sit out for 15 next time.
  • Options
    Well, I jsut made my own blend lol. I put some black cavendish, straight burley, and natural cavendish in a bag. I may try it tonight, I need to do a cigar review though first.
  • Options
    Walt, if you take requests or are interested in suggestions, I'm in favor of your next blend being a Turkish/oriental blend. Lol Or, if you ever get around to a blend like that, let me know and I'll test it for you.
  • Options
    mgk2020:
    Walt, if you take requests or are interested in suggestions, I'm in favor of your next blend being a Turkish/oriental blend. Lol Or, if you ever get around to a blend like that, let me know and I'll test it for you.

OK. Suggestions such as Izmir, Smyrna, Latakia, Cavendish, Perique?
  • Options
    That's sounding pretty good right there. lol. I'm not sure how easy it is to get a lot of the orientals, Izmir and Smyrna seem common enough, but Yenidje and Samsun, seem fairly rare. Syrian latakia and drama leaf even rarer. I'm not sure if Perique would work, since the orientals tend to be subtle, though I do enjoy me some Perique. May mix well with the flavors, might overpower them. I'll leave that in the hands of the master. lol
  • Options
    mgk2020:
    That's sounding pretty good right there. lol. I'm not sure how easy it is to get a lot of the orientals, Izmir and Smyrna seem common enough, but Yenidje and Samsun, seem fairly rare. Syrian latakia and drama leaf even rarer. I'm not sure if Perique would work, since the orientals tend to be subtle, though I do enjoy me some Perique. May mix well with the flavors, might overpower them. I'll leave that in the hands of the master. lol

I just ordered some Yenidge and semi-oriental in full leaf form. I will start on it as soon as I receive the order. My Latakia is Cyprian made from Smyrna tobacco.
  • Options
    mgk2020:

I just ordered some Yenidge and semi-oriental in full leaf form. I will start on it as soon as I receive the order. My Latakia is Cyprian made from Smyrna tobacco.
  • Options
    I finally had a chance to sit down and smoke some of Walt’s Gloucester and I have to say I was very pleased. The blend was light, with some really nice smoky and savory notes shining through. It was a delight and I find myself smoking it about every other day, in-between my other standbys. I could see this turning in to a really decent blend. I'd just like to say thank you to Walt for sending out some samples for us here in the office and if you get a chance pick up a few ounces for yourself.
  • Options
    slamb@cigar.com:
    I finally had a chance to sit down and smoke some of Walt’s Gloucester and I have to say I was very pleased. The blend was light, with some really nice smoky and savory notes shining through. It was a delight and I find myself smoking it about every other day, in-between my other standbys. I could see this turning in to a really decent blend. I'd just like to say thank you to Walt for sending out some samples for us here in the office and if you get a chance pick up a few ounces for yourself.

I'm overwhelmed by such an outstanding review. Thank You Steve. By the way I sent you a few PMs
    Walt
  • Options
    Wow Walt! A nice review. Maybe you're the next Russ O.! Keep telling us about what you are doing. I enjoy seeing it.
  • Options
    J.S.:
    Wow Walt! A nice review. Maybe you're the next Russ O.! Keep telling us about what you are doing. I enjoy seeing it.

You got a deal. LOL
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Smoked for the first time after a few weeks off. Had a bout with food poisoning and just didn't feel like smoking any thing at all for a while. We had a nice rainy day here in Arkansas yesterday and at the request of my wife i smoked some of Walt's English blend. I cant get enough of this tobacco. It has a light smoky flavor that enjoy a great deal. The smoke was pleasant and cool as normal with no bitel and only had one relight. Overall a great experience. Also my wife loves the smell of it and she enjoys smoking this blend too. In fact she request it. She had me teach her how to pack, light and smoke her own pipe because of this blend.
  • Options
    Imgembo:
    Smoked for the first time after a few weeks off. Had a bout with food poisoning and just didn't feel like smoking any thing at all for a while. We had a nice rainy day here in Arkansas yesterday and at the request of my wife i smoked some of Walt's English blend. I cant get enough of this tobacco. It has a light smoky flavor that enjoy a great deal. The smoke was pleasant and cool as normal with no bitel and only had one relight. Overall a great experience. Also my wife loves the smell of it and she enjoys smoking this blend too. In fact she request it. She had me teach her how to pack, light and smoke her own pipe because of this blend.

I've been in touch with Steve Lamb about C.C blending up my recipes and making them available to our forum members. All I asked for from them is to use the names I gave them. Still waiting on feedback. Steve was running it up the chain.
    If they decide not to I'll publish my recipes on the forum.
  • Options
    Imgembo:

My other half (important half) Treva says woman to woman: "YOU GO GIRL!"
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    Imgembo:

I've been in touch with Steve Lamb about C.C blending up my recipes and making them available to our forum members. All I asked for from them is to use the names I gave them. Still waiting on feedback. Steve was running it up the chain.
    If they decide not to I'll publish my recipes on the forum.
    Looking forward to it! I hope this works out for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Working on it, seeing if it will be logistically possible at this point.
  • Options
    Bumped for Walt.