Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Humidor

So I am new to the cigar world, and I am currently making my way through the rank and file of bad-good cigars, mostly due to price. I met a guy at a black keys concert who told me this site was the place to get all my questions answered, and he swore I would receive great welcome.

Currently I am looking for good information on a Humidor. I usually hold around 20-25 cigars, mostly cheap cigars, the occasional decent price, but not so decent cigar(as I was informed at the concert:)).

I was hoping to find about a good priced 50-100 cigar holder, and the ins and outs of maintaining that humidor.

He said the occasional "bomb" was a great way to maintain my cigar collection so I thought I would give it a go.

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums, lot's of good info here, you might want to check out some of the samplers for the variety thats offered, you can also contact customer service at C.Com and they will help put together a sampler for you. If you watch the sprint sale you can pick up a humi at a good price.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    EddieThatch:
    So I am new to the cigar world, and I am currently making my way through the rank and file of bad-good cigars, mostly due to price. I met a guy at a black keys concert who told me this site was the place to get all my questions answered, and he swore I would receive great welcome. Currently I am looking for good information on a Humidor. I usually hold around 20-25 cigars, mostly cheap cigars, the occasional decent price, but not so decent cigar(as I was informed at the concert:)). I was hoping to find about a good priced 50-100 cigar holder, and the ins and outs of maintaining that humidor. He said the occasional "bomb" was a great way to maintain my cigar collection so I thought I would give it a go.

Eddie, Welcome to the forums. My first suggestion would be to head over to the general section and find the new member welcome page and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about yourself, what you like, dislike, etc. Its a great way to meet people.

With regards to a humidor, there are a couple of things you need to ask yourself. Capacity is one, but i would caution you to get one larger than you think you need...it was my own rookie mistake. But otherwise, once you know how many you want or need it to hold, then decide if you want it to look nice, or just be functional. Then also cost limits, etc. Head over to the Cigars 101 section about humidors and look into it. When that's done, call CCOM talk to andy or Tim, or actually any of the people who answer, and see what they have in stock. Happy huntings, Good smoking!
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    CCom has a great sampler that has a humidor and cigars. I can never find it on the regular site, but have been able to find it on a google search in the past. I'm thinking it is some kind of intro offer. If you are wanting to store your cigars on the cheap, look into the threads on here about turning a cooler into a coolidor. A good quality humidor is another thing and will cost some money, although you can find one occasionally on the sprint sale for a great price. Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum. If you hang around here long enough and get to know people, you will be needing storage for more than 25 cigars. ;-)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Yes this is the nicest most helpful group I've encountered on the internet. Thanks to a couple of rude a-holes over at puff.com I found my way here and I'm thankful for that. Here's a suggestion that my hold you until you decide on a more pricey purchase of a humidor. There are some food containers at walmrt that have a wonderful sealing lid and serve as great humidors. I'm using one at home right now. (Better Homes and Gardens Flip-Tite Storage Containers) For about six dollars and add an additional six dollars for one or two Boveda humidification packets you are all set to store between 20, to 40 cigars depending on the size container you get. Even after you get a "real" humidor you'll have extra storage. Rubbermaid and tupperware containers work well too. There are lots of old threads here dealing with lots of questions you may have. Or if you have any specific questions just ask us. If you really want a cheap humidorm, cigar.com has a reverse auction called the "Sprint Sale" You will find humidors there at good prices but you have to pre-register with your credit card so that when you agree to confirm the price, the sale can be completed. I've seen really good deals on humidors there. Before you go there look at the humidors that cigar.com has for sale and then you'll be able to tell how much of a discount is offered.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Roberto99:
    CCom has a great sampler that has a humidor and cigars. I can never find it on the regular site, but have been able to find it on a google search in the past. I'm thinking it is some kind of intro offer. If you are wanting to store your cigars on the cheap, look into the threads on here about turning a cooler into a coolidor. A good quality humidor is another thing and will cost some money, although you can find one occasionally on the sprint sale for a great price. Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum. If you hang around here long enough and get to know people, you will be needing storage for more than 25 cigars. ;-)
    i would follow roberto's lead on the humior sampler.

if it is not at cigar.com it might be at their sister site, but it is normally a 50ct glass top humidor with a 8 ct sampler. both run them now and again and it is one of the best ways to get your feet wet. it isn't the best humidor in the world, but it should hold 65. Great way to get your feet wet until you need something larger once you decide you really want to get into cigars.

Welcome!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    brianetz1:
    Roberto99:
    i would follow roberto's lead on the humior sampler.

if it is not at cigar.com it might be at their sister site, but it is normally a 50ct glass top humidor with a 8 ct sampler. both run them now and again and it is one of the best ways to get your feet wet. it isn't the best humidor in the world, but it should hold 65. Great way to get your feet wet until you need something larger once you decide you really want to get into cigars.

Welcome!
    Welcome to the madness! If you are looking to upgrade remember this tip: bigger is better in humidor world. You always want more space than what you think you are going to hold. Bombs can come randomly and put you over the edge or you just see some dang good cigars for a dang good price that you have to have. Also remember that 100 cigars may mean 100 robustos not 100 toros so the fight may be different. I personally would recommend a 100 ct at the minimum and 150 would be best for what you are looking for.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone ! I will certainly introduce myself, and I am looking for that humidor/sampler as we speak. THANKS A TON !