Home Non Cigar Related

My Summer So Far

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
As you probably know, I'm a teacher with the summer off. Most assume that means 3 months of vacation. Well I'm here to let you know that that is not the case. Lol, this is what I'm currently up to. 1022MEDIA36IMAG0492 Yes, I'm repairing/caulking/painting my 3 story house this summer. I'm not a fan of heights and kinda hate ladders, so I invested in some scaffolding. I also decided to have a pro come out and check out the little honey bee situation I have in the back corner of the third story. He's estimating there to be 60-70 thousand bees in there. I'll try to get some pics of that horror story tomorrow.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I also decided to have a pro come out and check out the little honey bee situation I have in the back corner of the third story. He's estimating there to be 60-70 thousand bees in there. I'll try to get some pics of that horror story tomorrow.
    SleevePlz:
    60-70 thousand bees in there.
    That sounds less than enjoyable to be working near.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a nice pad you got yourself there Shafty...any chance you'd be jarring any honey??
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, can't keep the honey. Smells good, but apparently isn't safe to eat from my walls. Lol.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    WTF man???? Wall honey is the best. ;)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful up there, bro....

60-70 thousand bees!!?????!! WTF.
    No thank you.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Nice little smoking courtyard you have there. Big Baller can't be contained in a two story....because the 3rd story is dedicated to Enola Gay HQ and cigar storage.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if you blew some Curly Head smoke at them?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bee-careful there! hehe.. Well I'd rather be working that messing with all that. Then again I hate doing laborish jobs so I'd just hire someone. Good luck though.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    A typical hive size is about that...so it isnt really all that big a colony. However, their chosen location is what is unfortunate. Getting them out is a challenge most certainly though. Consider calling a local apiarist to come and have a look. Most will do it for free, so long as they can keep the colony. As per the honey, likely around a 100 lbs in there, more by the end of the summer...so time is certainly not with you. Enjoy the remaining 45 days of your 66 day weekend, give or take! I know i am!
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Man I would kill for a 66 day weekend! Working for a bank I only get 3 day weekends unless I use vaca time. Lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.