Home General Discussion
Options

What is this heavenly witchcraft I am smoking?????

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Holy mother of all that is cigar! I just lit up my first Rocky Patel. It's the royal vintage... It's beautiful!!!!! It's been kinda rare for a stick to make this much of an impression on me. But WOW just plain wow!!!! What are the other RP sticks like? Cause of they are anything like this... I'm buyin up!
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I have never had that RP before. I have tried several of his sticks and the only one I remember jumping out at me was the Vintage '99. But that was also at the very beginning of my cigar smoking. It was the stick that got me started so to speak. I haven't had one in a long time.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Holy mother of all that is cigar! I just lit up my first Rocky Patel. It's the royal vintage... It's beautiful!!!!! It's been kinda rare for a stick to make this much of an impression on me. But WOW just plain wow!!!! What are the other RP sticks like? Cause of they are anything like this... I'm buyin up!
    I felt the same way with my first R.Vin It is good and I do have a fair amount of RP's that I haven't tried yet, along with others that are waiting on me!
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I like most of Rocky Patel's cigars..... Olde World, Vintage, and Decade are some of my favorites.... But if this smoke impressed you wait till you try the Cosa De Risa......
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Very true I only had one of the Cose De Risa it was the best, sorry for thread stealing by if anyone wouldn't mind selling or a trade for the nector of the gods ? Also the vintage 90 and 92 are great too
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    What is this code de risa I hearing about? Till now I have never heard of this.
  • Options
    musicman3:
    What is this code de risa I hearing about? Till now I have never heard of this.

I'm in the Same boat as you my friend! Lol I have no clue what they really are but the way it's been bein talked up on my threads I'm way curious!

No worries about thread theft Bill. Some of the best conversations are started that way. :)
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I like some of Rocky's stuff,, havent tried this one,, I think I may have been gifted one,, is this a cameroon stick?? Gonna have to look through my humi for this guy.
  • Options
    What's "Cameroon"?
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    What's "Cameroon"?
    A type of tobacco,,
  • Options
    Great video! :) Very informative. It looks like its from central America and the Caribbean from what i found on the description here on Ccom.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    Great video! :) Very informative. It looks like its from central America and the Caribbean from what i found on the description here on Ccom.
    duh why didnt I do that and check ??doing that now,,, Nope not the one I was thinking of,, http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1125

Do you realize this stick is on the daily deal!!!
  • Options
    POOP! I wish i had the funds to jump on that deal!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I have plenty of these and your birthday will be "special" ;)
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Lol,,,,I'm assuming you're talking about the one with the purple cigar band and one thing about those who discover the Vintage 90's 92's they love them and I like them a lot as well. In fact I have a few boxes that have been put to rest and they are a very very good cigar in their own right...but with this much rest they are amazing. What's interesting with RP cigars esp. with the Vintage ones is that those who love them will soon get over that romance and then leave them for other cigars...we're a very fickle bunch of enthusiasts to say the least. Enjoy the cigars as they really are pretty good.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    LiquidChaos66:
    I have plenty of these and your birthday will be "special" ;)

You worry me sir. Lol
  • Options
    Cigary:
    Lol,,,,I'm assuming you're talking about the one with the purple cigar band and one thing about those who discover the Vintage 90's 92's they love them and I like them a lot as well. In fact I have a few boxes that have been put to rest and they are a very very good cigar in their own right...but with this much rest they are amazing. What's interesting with RP cigars esp. with the Vintage ones is that those who love them will soon get over that romance and then leave them for other cigars...we're a very fickle bunch of enthusiasts to say the least. Enjoy the cigars as they really are pretty good.

it was my first and only RP in my humi. I'm thinkin bout hittin my B&M soon and picking up a few of the other RP sticks to try. Just starting into the cigar game I have a feeling I'm gonna get my socks knocked off a lot before finding my stick of choice. :) when I get a bigger setup ill probably have quite a few boxes... I'm hoping to have a top 5 then build the collection from there.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Good for you....experiment with different brands but if you like this particular taste profile then look for the same in other brands. RP tends to have a good following from newbies because the taste profile isn't an "in your face" kind of cigar. The Vintage Series as I said are very good and smoke well and if you are wanting to try more RP you have to understand Rocky has a buttload of cigars out there. Another suggestion is his Sungrown Cigars...The Edge Maduros...this should keep you busy.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the first cigars I thought was special enough to revisit was the RP 1992.
  • Options
    I gotta say... I love the todo lists that pop up here more than the ones my wife gives me. Lol
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    LiquidChaos66:
    I felt the same way with my first R.Vin It is good and I do have a fair amount of RP's that I haven't tried yet, along with others that are waiting on me!
    Funny, that's how it hit me, too. I'd never heard of Rocky Patel, a friend gave me a Vintage and I was blown away. Even better, I was at a B&M in Nashville a few days later and asked for "a Rocky Patel", they had the Sun Growns, I tried one, and paid full price for 6 more an hour later. Odd thing that Cigary mentioned is true, many people now seem to look down their noses at RP, too many new blends and too much hype, but the ones that are good are still good.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Anyone know if there are any good RP samplers I can find online?
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    They used to be on here all the time. One idea might be the "Build your own" sampler offered here on CCOM
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    send me your addy, I'll put something together
  • Options
    onestrangeone:
    LiquidChaos66:
    send me your addy, I'll put something together

PM to ya!
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:
    They used to be on here all the time. One idea might be the "Build your own" sampler offered here on CCOM

cost wise how is the build your own sampler in comparison to buyin single sticsk? My hold up on trying it is I'm im still fresh on what to order so I look at all the brand names and get lost. Lol
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    One of the first cigars I thought was special enough to revisit was the RP 1992.

Ditto !. Try the Old World Reserve Natural as previously stated.
    A great stick.
    Watch the burns. Sometime RP's have issues.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:

cost wise how is the build your own sampler in comparison to buyin single sticsk? My hold up on trying it is I'm im still fresh on what to order so I look at all the brand names and get lost. Lol

You will ALWAYS pay more for singles, samplers, 5vers.
    But how else you going to get to taste all the goodies out there !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    curtpick:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:

If I had the cash flow I would love to just buy boxes and bomb out whatever I didn't like. Lol sadly the wife says the mortgage is more important. Phhhhssshhhh when I responded a bigger humi is more important I got a pretty harsh glare. Lol
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    curtpick:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:

If I had the cash flow I would love to just buy boxes and bomb out whatever I didn't like. Lol sadly the wife says the mortgage is more important. Phhhhssshhhh when I responded a bigger humi is more important I got a pretty harsh glare. Lol

Wierd...
    Mine does the same. LOL
  • Options
    curtpick:
    LiquidChaos66:
    curtpick:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Amos Umwhat:
    LiquidChaos66:

Wierd...
    Mine does the same. LOL
    I think the build your own comes to about $4 per stick, a little less if you're COTM