Home Cigar 101

Humi divider question

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
If one needs to redo the ends of his humi dividers with a rubberized seal what would you recommend using?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Felt is my choice.....easy to fix to the ends and all you do is cut to size. No fumes or worry and you can buy felt in color or thickness.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never worked with felt. How do you adhere it to a surface? Does it come with sticky backing?
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Felt is a good call. I've tried weatherstripping tape but it can be tricky to cut to size.
    Also... Will felt hold tight enough to prevent shittin of the divider?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shittin' of the divider? Lets hope there's none of that!
    LiquidChaos66:
    Also... Will felt hold tight enough to prevent shittin of the divider?
    Maybe not but it'll be good for wiping afterward. :)
    Lol....yes, it will prevent shifting. There is usually sticky back on the felt but if there isnt just use double sided tape and cut to size on the ends of the divider. The wood dividers are usually already pre fitted but use the thinnest felt you can use and put the sticky back tape on the felt then stick it on the edge of the wood divider.
    Cigary:
    Lol....yes, it will prevent shifting. There is usually sticky back on the felt but if there isnt just use double sided tape and cut to size on the ends of the divider. The wood dividers are usually already pre fitted but use the thinnest felt you can use and put the sticky back tape on the felt then stick it on the edge of the wood divider.

Awesome! Thanks :) if all goes well on my funding ill give this option a shot and let you all know how it went. :)
    Bob Luken:
    Shittin' of the divider? Lets hope there's none of that!

If there is then you are gonna have to worry about any return to sender boxes from me. ;)
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    Super Glue!!!
    Oh no....don't use super glue because it gives off fumes and when you shut the lid then those fumes get trapped inside. I did something like this years ago and regretted it the very next day when I opened up the lid.
    Turns out the humi is just right without the dividers! :) I would have at least 3 extra sticks that wouldnt fit in there if i put the dividers in. lol
    Right! That's how I used it too. Without. As soon as I started putting sticks in there I realized there's not any advantage to having dividers with this particular humidor.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I found the dividers to be great for helping line my cooler!
    Bob Luken:
    Right! That's how I used it too. Without. As soon as I started putting sticks in there I realized there's not any advantage to having dividers with this particular humidor.

Upon experimentation last night. I would have 9 less sticks. I have them stacked 3 hugh and would have to loose 9 to properly space the dividers the way I was thinking. 9 sticks!!!!! Nope. Lol they stay. :)
    Toombes:

now I have something to do with them! Thanks for the idea! A cooler may just be around the corner for me.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Toombes:

now I have something to do with them! Thanks for the idea! A cooler may just be around the corner for me.

Ya might as well get it over with, bro. My aging stash has outgrown my 100ct and I'm moving it to my cooler, which means another cooler is probably in my future. However, I did spy a nice cabinet online...
    Toombes:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Toombes:

Ya might as well get it over with, bro. My aging stash has outgrown my 100ct and I'm moving it to my cooler, which means another cooler is probably in my future. However, I did spy a nice cabinet online...

there is a B&M quality standing glass display cabinet humi on Craigslist in my area that I want soooooo bad. But it's huge and 9k. Lol my collection would look rather pathetic in it.
    Toombes:
    I did the same with my wineador, threw every piece of cedar i could find in thar.
    LiquidChaos66:
    Toombes:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Toombes:

there is a B&M quality standing glass display cabinet humi on Craigslist in my area that I want soooooo bad. But it's huge and 9k. Lol my collection would look rather pathetic in it.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-28-Quart-Performance-Cooler/23427946

I highly recommend this particular cooler. I have it. My larger cooler is full now and I'm using this 28 quart one for my overflow. But for your budding collection of sticks, this $20 model would be a great starter cooler. It's got extra insulation over your average cooler, even the lid is insulated.

Plus that's where you can throw those cedar dividers.
    How much does the 28qt hold?
    How many cigars will it hold? Hard to say. If it were intended for use as a humidor I'm guessing they might say it was a 250 count or 300 count or more. The inside dimensions are at a minimum (due to the contour of the sides) 14 & 1/2 inches in length by 9 & 1/2 inches width and at least 11 & 1/4 inches of depth. I have filled it a one point with 8 cigar boxes of various sizes. But I've never completely filled it with loose sticks so i don't have a definitive answer as to how many cigars it will hold.
    Well... I can almost guarantee that ill never have that many boxes. Lol
    What if I leave you eight boxes of cigars in my will? You'll need some place to put them if (God forbid,) something happens to me. LOL
    If you leave me 8 boxes of cigars in your will could you also lave me your cooler? lol
    Nope, they'll need it for a beer cooler at my wake. LOL
    lol damn... worth a shot. ;)