Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Looky what was at my work!!!

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I got to touch it!!!!! it was amazing! i dream about these things all the time! i cant even begin describe how amazing it felt to be so close to such an amazing piece of art like that!

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have sat in it and took a quick pic :)
  • Options
    lol! if i got to sit in it i would have died. :)
  • Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Drove a 260 Spider in Italy but I prefer something that's more my personality. LOL
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I hear ya Tex. I personally would love a built up Suzuki Samurai! great little city vehicles but if they have full Toyota running gear and the right tires... they can go anywhere!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    They are neat looking cars. I do hate the red seats though. When I was looking at buying an rx-7 I drove up to Seattle where the car was. While test driving it we raced two Ferrari's and 1 Porsche. Wasted both of them, which was priceless when we got to the next light; they didn't know what just happened.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    I hear ya Tex. I personally would love a built up Suzuki Samurai! great little city vehicles but if they have full Toyota running gear and the right tires... they can go anywhere!

Yea. Was interested in one sitting at a local disc tire place because it needed a new rear drive train. No luck. I would have turned it into a cool offroad unit Don't get me wrong. I do like little knuckle dragger sports cars but you can't get the exhilaration that you can on a motorcycle hitting the curves at 100+ or having your outside tire kickin rocks off the edge of a 1000 ft cliff on an offroad trail.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    They are neat looking cars. I do hate the red seats though. When I was looking at buying an rx-7 I drove up to Seattle where the car was. While test driving it we raced two Ferrari's and 1 Porsche. Wasted both of them, which was priceless when we got to the next light; they didn't know what just happened.

Oh man if i could afford a good Rx7 i would jump on it in a heartbeat! I love those things. They can be beasts if built up right. My dad used to have a VW Rabbit that he raced at PIR that would regularly wipe the floor with Porsche 911s and most Ferrari models. but then he sold it when i got older and he needed a family car. lol way to go younger me... way to go. lol
  • Options
    pilgrimtex:
    LiquidChaos66:

Yea. Was interested in one sitting at a local disc tire place because it needed a new rear drive train. No luck. I would have turned it into a cool offroad unit Don't get me wrong. I do like little knuckle dragger sports cars but you can't get the exhilaration that you can on a motorcycle hitting the curves at 100+ or having your outside tire kickin rocks off the edge of a 1000 ft cliff on an offroad trail.

I agree. My brother had a built Toyota 4runner that we took out all the time! the first time i went off roading was in that beast and it was amazing! His friend had a professionally build CJ5 rockcrawler that didnt stand a chance against my brothers truck. It was fun watching his friend get pissed when my brother would leave him behind and have to winch him out of hard places.

Im hoping to get back into a '66 mustang again. I had one for my first car and i loved it to death. I did lots of stupid things in and to that car. My favorite was when i drove out to the beach in high school. The regularly 2 hour trip only took me 1 hour that day. It was the same day i pegged the speedo on 155mph racing a Panoz Esperante. shortly before the coil wire disconnected from the distributor. lol
  • Options
    Oh No. Nostalgia time:
    My first car was a 49 Ford 2 dr with flat head V8. Loved that car and would blow the doors off those heavier mercs. LOL
    Built a 56 Chevy put a 327 with 3 strombergs full open 100%. Added quart of nitro to tank full of gas. Fast MF but eventually burned the engine up. LOL. Bikes and jeeps are no my adrenalin rush. How low can you go in a curve and how impossible/dangerous is the trail. I am not one that runs the pay to ride places to destroy my jeep but it will go anywhere I want. Capice?
    Ran a 32 roadster at the drags (Island Dragway NJ) with a 314 caddy engine and dual 4s till a plug imploded. Damn.
  • Options
    NO CRAP????? a '49 - '50 Ford are my dream car right before the '66 mustang! Those things are gorgeous! got any pics???

my brother built a '76 Maverick when we were growing up. Had the original straight 6 but got a heart transplant. He built up a 351 Cleveland, headers, straight pipe out the back with flowmasters. We took it down the freeway at 75mph and dumped the gas. Kicked the back end out and lit those tires up like no tomorrow and ended up getting up to 170mph before he let off. Man oh man was it a rush!
  • Options
    We had brownie cameras back then. LOL Ex has all the family pics.
    This me with my 61 Pontiac Catalina sport coup. Used to swoop from Camp Lejeune NC to NYC - 611 miles from gate to port authority in NYC. Best time was 7hrs 30min back in 65-69 except for time in Nam.
  • Options
    Ooooh good lookin ride!
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    Ooooh good lookin ride!

Great ride. White with sky blue interior. I painted Runaround on the front fenders. Cruise at 115 all day long. Got the tickets to prove it to. LOL
  • Options
    Thats one thing i managed to avoid with my '66 stang. i didnt get a single speeding ticket. it was kinda strange. i got my first ticket in a '87 mazda b2000 pickup. lol it had less that 80hp and it managed to get me into trouble.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heres the coolest car iv gotten to sit in.. photo VanceinBatmobile001_zpsc10654c0.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    heres the coolest car iv gotten to sit in.. photo VanceinBatmobile001_zpsc10654c0.jpg

beyond jealous!!!!