Home General Discussion
Options

Which is the best Don Pepin Garcia?

C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
The only one I've smoked is the blue label and it's one of my favorite cigars. I recently ran out of the blue and am thinking of placing a order but would also like to try some of the others. I would appreciate some opinions on the different lines. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy the series jj it's a pretty solid stick IMO
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I like the JJ Maduro. The Cuban classic is pretty good but not at the top of my list for DPG. The El Centurian is great. San Cristabol is another great stick. I'm assuming you have tried the My Father line?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MF Le bijou and Cuban Classic would be my top 2 for his "regular" releases.... but I haven't had (m)any of the LE so IDK

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Hands down the new El Centurion. It is the best I have had from them.
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Rail Jockey:
    I agree the centurion rocks
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Stsepas:
    Rail Jockey:

Yes, I like the El centurion too just don't confuse it with a Gurkha!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you interested just in cigars with his name, cigars he blends (like Tats), and/or cigars his son blends (like My Father)?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Are you interested just in cigars with his name, cigars he blends (like Tats), and/or cigars his son blends (like My Father)?
    I'm asking about ones with his name, Cuban classic, series JJ, series JJ maduro. I really like Tats and the El Centurions, haven't really tried a whole lot of the My Fathers. Thanks for all the feedback fellas, I should have been more specific about which ones I was asking.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    SleevePlz:

Now that could just send this tread through the worm hole. The Tat. Miami is one of my favorite smokes. But, these are not blended by Don G. are they?
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the dpg blue ( smoking one now ) and the jj maduros
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    My favorite one believe it or not was the 5 Vegas Miami before they cut it.

• Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    J.S.:
    SleevePlz:
    Now that could just send this tread through the worm hole. The Tat. Miami is one of my favorite smokes. But, these are not blended by Don G. are they?
    Pretty sure all tats are
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The original JJ was amazing, the new one is good as well, but the wrapper changed and it has a bit more power. i still like it alot. Teach gave me an original JJ maduro and it was unreal, I since got my hands on some as they are gone from the market. The blue lancero is amazing as well.
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    When did they make the wrapper change on the JJ Maduro? I recently bought a handful a few weeks ago an the one I have smoked was pretty powerful. Just curious.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    The original JJ was amazing, the new one is good as well, but the wrapper changed and it has a bit more power. i still like it alot. Teach gave me an original JJ maduro and it was unreal, I since got my hands on some as they are gone from the market. The blue lancero is amazing as well.
    Have to agree. Those old JJ's are fantastic. Of the current stock, I would go with the El Centurian or Blue (especially in a lancero).
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    catfishbluezz:
    Have to agree. Those old JJ's are fantastic. Of the current stock, I would go with the El Centurian or Blue (especially in a lancero).
    i have a couple old jj maddys but im hanging on to them as long as i can,lol,, maybe smoke one tomorrow,lol
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPG Blue Lancero! Go! Go now! Now!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    They are all great sticks. Blue and black and My Father Lanceros are fantastic.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Lancero, Blue Lancero, Blue Firecracker
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    Perhaps it was a bad stick, but I had the El Centurion this week. It was the first stick I had to put down in a LONG time. Tasted like asshh.

The only other dpg I've had is My Father and I've enjoyed those.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Stsepas:
    Rail Jockey:
    iagree that those are some great smokes right there. i still think the DPG blue is the best out of that factory. if you can get one with about 5 years on it, you will be one happy camper.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Stsepas:
    Rail Jockey:
    iagree that those are some great smokes right there. i still think the DPG blue is the best out of that factory. if you can get one with about 5 years on it, you will be one happy camper.
    I bought a couple el centurions and a couple of dpg's in the corona size at the my father factory in Miami a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    Rail Jockey:
    kuzi16:
    Stsepas:
    Rail Jockey:
    I bought a couple el centurions and a couple of dpg's in the corona size at the my father factory in Miami a couple of days ago.
    Also picked this up at the factory Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    I have not had a ton from DPG as I keep going back to the Blue because I like it so much...one of my favorite sticks...so my vote is Blue