Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar/Smoking Laws...And any good places to go (ID, UT, NV)

Next month I'll be taking a trip for work and flying into Salt Lake City Utah and spending a lot of time in Idaho Falls Idaho and Winnemucca NV. I will be away from my wife and my newborn for almost a whole week (which sucks so I'll need some relaxing time). Anyone have a link or personal experience to the smoking laws or good places to hang in these states (at least near the cities I mentioned).

Comments

• Options
    bibbybibby Posts: 152
    I lived in Idaho Falls for around 10 years, but as a non-cigar enthusiast juvenille. They do have some great restaurants and eatery's down by the river and in the downtown area, but as far as cigar bars or even B & M to pick up sticks I'm at a loss. Where are they putting you up in Idaho Falls?

Additionally I don't know verbatim all the laws, but Utah, Idaho, and rural Nevada are staunchly conservative so I think you are safe from most smoking bans and normal rather than excessive tax.

What are the dates for you your trip? I am visiting my parents there in late September, so maybe I'll have to show you around if the dates sync up.

The good news is that September there is absolutely gorgeous, probably temps between 75-85 degrees with humidity in the 20's and low 30's. Also they have one of the best golf courses in the entire state, and I used to work there it's emaculate, Pinecrest Golf Course so if you play definitely check that out.

Mainly get some good relaxation, great fishing in the region if that's your bag, not mine I don't enjoy it. Let me know the dates when you get a chance or send a PM.

Rob
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I live in Salt Lake City... Meh, it's alright I guess.

As far as the laws go...
    Utah.com:
    Smoking Laws in Utah
    As in most states, Utah's Indoor Clean Air Act prohibits smoking in areas where the general public has regular access.

Smoking may be allowed in such places as private clubs, taverns, private functions and places where the general public is excluded. Most Utah Lodging facilities have smoking rooms available and the Salt Lake International Airport has designated smoking areas in the respective terminals. When in doubt about whether or not to light up, it is probably best to ask about the location's policy.

As long as it's 25 feet away from a public access (doors and open windows) you are fine. Finding cigar smoking establishments is another game I have yet to figure out. I mean there are the "hooka lounges", but I don't know about those.

The night life isn't bad, lots of clubs, it's not really my cup of tea though.

I'm a skateboarder, not sure if anybody here is in to that, but there are a few places to flip and grind.

Like Bibby said, there is fishing in Utah too if it's your bag.

I'm the only one I know of here on C.Com in Utah, and I don't have any friends in Utah that smoke cigars, I smoke my cigars in my backyard usually with my frineds dog and a book, not that it's really exciting or anything. I'm down too if you want to pass through and catch some food and a beer at one of the downtown dining establishments.

Red Rock Brewing Company

Personally, I think this place is fantastic for a good meal and really good beer.

Although, I would love to go to Vegas one of these days. I live next to the state and I've never been...
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I'm in SLC right now so let me know when you are dropping in and we can all get together at some fine establishment.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    I'm in SLC right now so let me know when you are dropping in and we can all get together at some fine establishment.

Sweet! What brings you to the SLC Goldy? If you don't mind me asking of course?

And 4bob4, what kind of work is bringing you in over here? Again, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I am an exploration geologist for Rio Tinto and were drilling near Bingham so I am logging drill core. Right now I work 21 days straight and then they fly me home for 7. My wife and I have the same job so we are both here which is nice.