Home General Discussion

Breakfast blend?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Whats the main flavor differences? I can tell the difference between a regular coffee and a breakfast blend... but would be completely ignorant on the cigar front.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Mild and creamy to match most people's coffee...I take mine black so I've had lfd dl's in the morning lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    They good smokes without the coffee? I tend to smoke at night and caffeine after 5pm jacks me up when I try to go to bed. And don't even suggest decaf. That's like tellin a American muscle man that Honda cars are super sweet. Lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    There are plenty of blends of de-caf that are as good as regular coffee. It's the process of taking caffeine from the bean and in some that means they use a different bean altogether. The debate rages on about decaf...suffice to say it's all about preparation...it's all about the bean and it's all about how you prepare it and some will say it's a weaker version of regular. To debunk this means to let the coffee.... in let's say a French Press sit a minute or so longer instead of the ritual of 4 minutes. You can add more beans to get a stronger version...you can add other ingredients to the coffee...etc. I've tasted regular and decaf and make both of the same bean and I can't tell the difference in either so it's all about how you make your coffee.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    I tend to think breakfast blends are milder in flavor but heavy in the aroma department if that makes sense. Almost appealing to the smell sense more than taste senses. I prefer stronger coffees in the morning so I am ok with stronger cigars with the coffee in the morning, but I am not afraid to go with a good connecticut as well.
    Excellent point there Bombay....I think you're right about the blend being on the mild side and the aroma being what it is. Not sure who they'd be able to get the grounds to release the scent the way it does but I do understand how the aroma is attractive. I go with a stronger coffee as well when I have a cigar as well...the smoke tends to cover the palate where that means the coffee needs to bit more oooomph to it to get past the flavor of the coffee. BTW...Go Giants!
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Cigary:
    Excellent point there Bombay....I think you're right about the blend being on the mild side and the aroma being what it is. Not sure who they'd be able to get the grounds to release the scent the way it does but I do understand how the aroma is attractive. I go with a stronger coffee as well when I have a cigar as well...the smoke tends to cover the palate where that means the coffee needs to bit more oooomph to it to get past the flavor of the coffee. BTW...Go Giants!
    Yeah agree. And Giants aren't going anywhere at this point. Complete Disappointment!
    Still lots of time for them..only 10 games back and there's a lot of games yet to play. My grandfather and uncle played in their farm teams back in the day so I've been a Giants fan for decades.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the first cigar you smoke of the day should be the one you want to taste the most.