Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

MoW Special Edition Figurado

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
I'm a big AJ fan, have lots of his cigars, smoked lots of his cigars, like almost everything he puts out.

Bought a box of these about 17 months ago, and last month I started smoking a few (three thus far).

Disappointed.

One was an utter **** (acrid, poor construction, barely burned, then tunneled, etc.) The other two? Meh...........leather, leather, and more leather, and that's about it as far as flavor.............smoke output seemed a bit week considering the vitola......................more meh.

(It's not my storage, etc.,................all my cigars burn and taste fine.)
Hopefully I just got really unlucky with these first three?
Anyone else underwhelmed by these?

Comments

• Options
    yeah i was disappointed by the smoke output and mine tunneled pretty bad.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a box of ten (I think ten) a few weeks ago and still resting them. Sorry about yours. Hope mine are better.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    If you don't like them, I'll trade you for a few. I haven't tried this and have stuff of equivalent age that you might like.Send PM if interested...
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    If you don't like them, I'll trade you for a few. I haven't tried this and have stuff of equivalent age that you might like.Send PM if interested...
    +1. Im on board for a couple if your done trying.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually enjoy this cigar. Nice medium bodied smoke with the strong flavored ruination wrapper. Give them another shot
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are those the same figurado as the salamon? I've had 3 of them in the last year of the original and they all burned horribly and tasted like turds.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I bought a box when they first came out and they were great, fresh. Fast forward a year or two and they were trash. I don't think time/age does them well.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I bought a box when they first came out and they were great, fresh. Fast forward a year or two and they were trash. I don't think time/age does them well.
    Really? Then I won't bother resting these much longer then. LOL
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    oh craaap.........
    I really hope you are wrong about this........... :-(
    or......maybe, they're good "fresh", and then have that "sickness" period for a while, and then they will be great again?????

Guess I have nothing to lose......I'll try one again in a year or so.........
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Russ55:
    oh craaap.........
    I really hope you are wrong about this........... :-(
    or......maybe, they're good "fresh", and then have that "sickness" period for a while, and then they will be great again?????

Guess I have nothing to lose......I'll try one again in a year or so.........
    I think that sickness period only applies to fresh rolled cigars, but I could be wrong.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.