Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My lighter died. Lol

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I got a cheapo butane sigle torch on to beach 3 weeks ago and it's already not working. I refilled it with vector butane and it won't light now. Suggestions?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you purge it before you filled it? they don't like haveing any air them, if you did try turning it all the way up sometimes this will clear it.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My match died. Good thing there's another 299 in the box. Otherwise, I'd be in your shoes.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Yeah i purged the tank and filled it just like i do with my dual torch lighter. in all honesty im not too concerned... it was a $5 lighter. lol Might see if i can get it to work later on tonight.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it sounds like you got your moneys worth out of it anyways!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a can of compressed air like for cleaning keyboards, try spraying that into the nozzle. If its a particle or something in the way, this will clear it. Some have done this with butane too, I.e. pushing the butane can onto the nozzle as if youre "filling" it from the "wrong" end, although I havent tried this.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want an econimical yet reliable lighter i recommend a ronson.can usually get them at walmart or cvs for about 3-5 dollars.keep one in my truck and it can sit for days and still fire up like a champ when i need it!on the other hand i have a bugatti b-1001 my wife bought me that i use every day at home or when im out and im very very happy with that one also..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    I ended up hitting a head shop with a friend over the weekend. Just picked up a refillable single torch. Cheap. Lol if it refills and works... Awesome! If not it was only a couple bucks. Plus I still have my dual torch that works.