Home Pipes

Fero pipes?

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Anyone try one? A bit on the cheap end, my shop stocks them, made in Italy.

Comments

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    As long as they're briar which I'm sure they are if made in Italia. Should be good.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    No, I have not tried them but another blog site mentioned them when I was learning/reading about pipes. I think it is Fe.Ro the company started by Federico Rovera. They have limited availability in the US and if I recall correctly the discussion was split some like them and some had them split and crack. Here is the link to the main site for what it is worth: http://www.fero-usa.com/index.html

You might try googling Fr.Ro to find the dicussion if you want as well.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    As long as they're briar which I'm sure they are if made in Italia. Should be good.
    italian briar with a carbonized bowl apparently
    Got one for 30 bucks, I'll post a pic in a bit
    Gonna use this one for the Latakia blends for now. It's walnut, straight. I can tell a difference already in how well it smokes. image
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Congrats man! That looks like a nice pipe to start with. Looks solid from the pic. I hope it serves you well for many years!
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    I've never used a non briar or meerschaum pipe. Keep us posted on how it smokes.
    It's briar, I believe the color is walnut, but they say they are Italian briair
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    Oh! Okay. Got it. Nice looking.