Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Avallo Accumonitor Review

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So a few weeks ago I got my new humi. I had about 12 bowls of water in there for about 3 weeks. I filled them almost to the top, and after the 3 weeks they were all but empty. The seasoning went really well. Even during the 3 weeks the humi stayed at 75 without dropping or raising so it holds really well and that was just from the distilled water.

The main reason why I left the water in there so long was because I was waiting for my Avallo. I feel it could have had faster shipping, I mean you buy something on Tuesday and then it doesn't ship till the following middle of the week is a bit long. Well once it got here I wired it up, only problem, I was missing some wires... So I had to get those shipped. So after everything was finally ready to go I fired it up.

So basically how it works is you have the control module which has 3 led's on it. One on the top left is the desired humidity. The one on the right is the humidity, and the bottom is the temp. There's a sensor that connects to it via a phone wire and that is placed in the middle (which is where mine is). Then you have four wires off the module. Top two are for the fans, bottom two are for the jars with water. Now since I got the 20/40 which comes with 4 of each I needed a Y connector and that is what was not put in the box when I got it so I had to get those shipped.

Once it's all connected and powered on you can set your desired humidity and let it do it's work. image

So once you have your desired humidity the system will activate and begin to use the water in the canisters to humidify since there are fans attached to the tops. Now the module that I have has an addition that keeps the fans going for an extra minute after the fans in the canisters stop. And they go on every hour to circulate the humi. After a couple of days I put my cigars in there and it's been stable and easy going.

Now there is one thing that I wish I could do. Well maybe there is but haven't figured it out yet. So my house isn't very humid and since I want my cigars around 67-69 the device only activates if it's a drop in 3 - 4, so most of the time my readout will show 67 instead of 68. It was at 70 for a bit but to help it drop a bit I put some 65% beads in there. Now it's staying around 67/68. Which is fine but I wish there was a way for it to drop the humidity as well. So if I wanted 65 it would be difficult. Other than that it is really a good system. The communication with the store could be a bit better as sometimes it is very fast other times not so much. Though they have been very nice to talk too. So if you want a cabinet, or have one and want a nice no fuss system this is one I would reccomend. In my old humi I had a oasis XL and though it was decent it isn't as nice as this or at least I would have needed at least two of them for this humi which I did not want. Also the Avallo is USA made!

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Cool review and awesome cabinet and system.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Great set up man.
    I can only dream of something like this.

• Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I have the same system, but with the other reservoirs. I only need 2/4 running at any given time and they last a good period of time for my small-med cabinet. The only thing I wish was that I could find fans to plug in that fit the dang connectors. Such a pain in the but to find.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I tried finding them but no luck. You can order more from their site though.