Home General Discussion

budget maduro with some spice/pepper taste

Hey everyone,

So I haven't been smoking too long, close to about a year on and off (poor college kid), and I really like maduros, but have always gone for ones described as "creamy". I was wondering what you guys would suggest for a maduro that offers a bit of spice or pepper flavor, but also one that won't break the bank.

Thanks.

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    First off, welcome to the forum. Stick around and these guy will show you the cheap way around the hobbie.

As for a maduro, I would say Man O War Skull Crusher. Not sure what your idea for cheap is. They can be had for well under retail in a sampler or Daily Deal. Probably about half.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would sugguest the My Father Le Bijiou petite robusto. That's the first that comes to mind. I am sure others will chime in as well
    smoke em if you got em:
    I would sugguest the My Father Le Bijiou petite robusto. That's the first that comes to mind. I am sure others will chime in as well
    ^^^^also a good one. Look for them sub-retail as well. On second thought, Email a rep here at Cigar.com. Tell them what you are looking for, How much you would like to spend. they will put something together for you and your can make adjustments as needed. Best way to get a few different cigars that fit your likes for under retail. Email service@cigar.com or call. Just a suggestion.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ^^^^also a good one. Look for them sub-retail as well. On second thought, Email a rep here at Cigar.com. Tell them what you are looking for, How much you would like to spend. they will put something together for you and your can make adjustments as needed. Best way to get a few different cigars that fit your likes for under retail. Email service@cigar.com or call. Just a suggestion.
    true true
  • SmokeWISmokeWI Posts: 64
    alright cool sounds good. when you say about "under retail" do you mean this site as retail or in a store retail?
    SmokeWI:
    alright cool sounds good. when you say about "under retail" do you mean this site as retail or in a store retail?
    Both. They can be had for under single price when bundled. It works well when you are seeking a few different cigars.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Man o War Puro Authentico Maduro
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the 5 Vegas AAA? I don't like those as much as the 'A' series, but they do pack more punch and spice. Many of the 5 Vegas lines are a great deal too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Agree. Would also add:
    Diesel UHC (better with a little rest)
    Onyx Reserve
    La Gloria Cubana Serie R
    Cusano Paired Maduro

Most of these can be found for a really good price. Of those listed, MOWPA and Diesel are probably the most spicy, esp the MOWPA which is very peppery.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    CAO MXII
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I think you're look for the Ramon Bueso Maduro... Maduro with a bit of a spicy kick and very affordable. Check it out.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Nothing better than a RP Edge Maduro with about 8 months rest...I buy these by the trainload.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Pepper and maduro? Mi Amor... They can be had for $25ish a fiver here, and Don Pepin always brings the spice
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    Torano Master Maduro , there on today's daily deal.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    How about the J Fuego Origen Originals Maduro? It's definitely a budget stick and has some nice spice to it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    yes
    almost forgot about that one.

5 vegas serie A. the toro (Archetype) is the best size IMHO.
    SleevePlz:
    How about the J Fuego Origen Originals Maduro? It's definitely a budget stick and has some nice spice to it.
    damn... forgot that one too. J. Fuego is so under rated
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1844 is another good one to try.
    Thanks much. So many different things to try, greatly appreciated :)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    Ken Light:
    yes

I like the AAA better than the A.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    601 Blue
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    601 Blue
    ooooh thats a good one!!!!
    +1
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Camacho limited diploma maduro
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    CAO Brazilia
    Just got myself 10 Vegas Triple A on the sprintsale... really looking forward to this :)
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Good choice. Those are really tasty.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    dennisking:
    CAO Brazilia

I like these with couple months on them.
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    Ken Light:
    yes

i do too but the price point was a condition on this.

the A is cheaper than the AAA
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    Ken Light:
    yes

i do too but the price point was a condition on this.

the A is cheaper than the AAA
    Ahh, is the AAA that much more? I am so out of touch. I haven't looked at prices in a while.