Home Non Cigar Related
Options

been a long week so far

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
hey brothers been a long week indeed.been workin nightshift for awhile.my wife woke me early on sat to tell me she taking gus(my dog)to the vets.says hes acting funny,moving slowjust laying aournd the house.okfull check up blood work vets says strained muscles in his back so some pills and rest.next day wife wakes me to say hes dragging his feet around the house.rush him back to the vets they send us to a dog hospital ends up he has 2 ruptured disks and hairline fract on a vertebrea.so hes spent 2 days at vet recovering from back surgery.been home a couple days and we are basicly starting from 0.teaching him tol walk again house breaking all over again and a relly nice hit to the credit card.gonna be a long month...sorry i just had to get this out and off my chest .. my dog photo Photo0390_zpsdb822dc6.jpg frankengus photo IMG_0227_zps418a220a.jpg poor gus photo IMG_0230_zpsa8771c85.jpg
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Poor guy! Fingers crossed for a rapid recovery!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW Vance, I hope he's on the mend soon...
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bamablows:
    x2
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there Vance
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I grew up with dogs most of my life. I feel for ya man... My thoughts and prayers are headin to you your fam and your pup! Keep us posted!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heck happened to bust poor Gus up like that? He lose an argument with a truck or sumpin?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Bamablows:
    x2
    x3

That's tough Vance, sorry to hear it, brother.
    Glad to hear the vets were able to get him fixed up though ... truly amazing what can be done for our animal's these days.
    I understand it will be a long recovery though --- I wish you, your family, and Gus all the best in getting back "up to speed." And it will really test your patience having to "retrain" him, but hang in there.

Our dog had TTA surgery (ACL) last summer. It was a tough few months of recovery time, about 6 months until she was "back to normal" again and had no exercise restrictions ... hard to explain to a dog why they can't jump/run/play/etc.
    Since I'm sure she "felt fine" but we had to keep her calm until everything was healed up.

LMK if there's anything I can do ...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    jj20030:
    Bamablows:
    x2
    x3

That's tough Vance, sorry to hear it, brother.
    Glad to hear the vets were able to get him fixed up though ... truly amazing what can be done for our animal's these days.
    I understand it will be a long recovery though --- I wish you, your family, and Gus all the best in getting back "up to speed." And it will really test your patience having to "retrain" him, but hang in there.

Our dog had TTA surgery (ACL) last summer. It was a tough few months of recovery time, about 6 months until she was "back to normal" again and had no exercise restrictions ... hard to explain to a dog why they can't jump/run/play/etc.
    Since I'm sure she "felt fine" but we had to keep her calm until everything was healed up.

LMK if there's anything I can do ...
    X4

Always stinks when your dog isn't 100%. Hope for a speedy recovery. I will say bully sticks are amazing for keeping a dog occupied and lying still for long stretches.
  • Options
    SmokeWISmokeWI Posts: 64
    Sorry to hear that! It's so sad anytime an animal is in pain. Hope he makes a quick recovery!
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I grew up with dogs most of my life. I feel for ya man... My thoughts and prayers are headin to you your fam and your pup! Keep us posted!
    +1
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    thank you for the words of encouragement brothers!!wife and are doing what we can and things are goin good so far.hes always been apart of the family to us so how could we not be there for him you know what i mean.thanks again for the good thoughts and prayers sent this way you guys are amazing ..

• Options
    Yall feel like family to bub, so not a problem.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    hey brothers.been an awesome day so far.first gus took some steps on his own this afternoon in the backtyard.and that is really good for only being one week out of surgery!!than we get home from running some errands to find a get well bomb from jim!! get wll cigars photo IMG_0236_zpsbd7e42d2.jpg image

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!! Good boy!!
  • Options
    Congrats on the walking man, thats awesome.
    And nice hit.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hows gus doing bub?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    hey brothers sorry i havent updated,been terribly busy with work and the house and gus.but its only been little over 2 weeks since his surgery and gus is doing well.hes had good days and bad.usually in that order he started walking on his own a few days ago and it seems hell be active one day and the next will be a "recovery" day where hell just kinda a lay around most of the day.but saw the vet to have his staples removed and he said any progress is good.so seems like slow and steady will finish the race.thank you so much for your support brothers!!!

• Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    I saw this late. Sorry about the struggles brother but glad he seems to be doing better.
  • Options
    gus had an awesome day did some serious walking today very encouraging. image

• Options
    Awesome!!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go Gus :)
  • Options
    so been pretty busy first day off from work in awhile.so gus saw the vet a couple days ago.got a good goin over from the vet,was a good news bad news kinda report.doc says hes all healed up good from his surgery calling it a success.bad news hes probably not gonna get back to "normal"wich we were expecting.so he will walk with a bit of a limp from now on.and he has seemed to have lost some of the tail response he used to have.now it onyl wags if hes really excited most of the time it just kinda hangs there.but he is pretty much himself again!!so i am very happy with how it has all come together.!!thanks for all your kind words and support brothers.ill post some pics and videos in the near future..

• Options
    Thats great to hear man. Give him a belly rub from me.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    The heck happened to bust poor Gus up like that? He lose an argument with a truck or sumpin?

Just saw this. I'm a dog guy, so I feel for you and Gus, glad he's better. But, um, what? You got any sick neighbors? Guy who lived down the street from me years ago (not here) crossed the road to run over my Shepard. I went to his house with the vet bill, he said "I'm not paying that", I said "Oh, you are, now in cash, or later, when I think of something suitable for you"

sumbitch moved 3 weeks later.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    webmost:

Just saw this. I'm a dog guy, so I feel for you and Gus, glad he's better. But, um, what? You got any sick neighbors? Guy who lived down the street from me years ago (not here) crossed the road to run over my Shepard. I went to his house with the vet bill, he said "I'm not paying that", I said "Oh, you are, now in cash, or later, when I think of something suitable for you"

sumbitch moved 3 weeks later.
    luckily most of my neighboors are pretty cool and like old gus.prob hard to tell from the picks but gus is a mutt,we rescued hime from the dog pound.hes part lad part bassett so hes kinda long and round.vet thinks just might have been from jumping off the couch.thank you for all the supprot brothers its good to have my smoking buddy back at my side ..lol..

• Options
    Any updates?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    hey brothers,gus is doing very well,vets says hes all healed from the surgery and looks good.hes able to get in out of the house now by himself.no more carrying him up and down the steps.he is probably about 75%from where he was .just started taking him on walks again.hes got a limp in his right side and seems to have a hard time staying in a straight line.my wife says his alignments off...so still a bitt of work ahead of us but it is very encouraging!the family and i appreciate all the kind words and good thoughts.ill try topost some more videos when im off from work!! vance.

• Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Glad to hear this little guy is doing better. I'm studying for an automotive suspension test I have Dominic and there is an actual alignment term called "dog tracking" where the vehicles wheels are out of alignment. Kinda funny.
  • Options
    hello brothers.havent posted anything about gus lately.been slow but steady.hes got a pretty hard limp and doesnt seem to have the stamina he used to.weve started taking him on walks to build up his strength.if we go to far one of us has to carry him back home.but hes getting around good back to sitting by my side on the patio while im smoking..his hair has grown back looking normal again buddies photo IMG_0245_zps7bb54279.jpg

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good boy Gus. Good to hear about his progress.