Home Cigar 101

Drew Estate Naturals - Is "Big Juicy" infused? Sounds like infused.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I suppose the name “Natural” implies that its not infused. But being that it's Drew Estate,......I wonder. And names within the line-up of “Naturals” like “Irish Hops” and “Big Juicy” don't ease my doubts either. The only reason I need to know at this time is that I bought some empty boxes for use in my coolers. I avoid using boxes that came with infused cigars as this would give off odor if not flavor as well to my other cigars and cedar too. What I have specifically is a DE Natural "Big Juicy" box. It smells kinda neutral. All the wood is lacquered. But the entire interior except for the lid, is felt lined. Which seems odd to me. Just want to make sure it's not infused before I use it in my cooler.

Anybody know for sure?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I suppose the name “Natural” implies that its not infused. But being that it's Drew Estate,......I wonder. And names within the line-up of “Naturals” like “Irish Hops” and “Big Juicy” don't ease my doubts either. The only reason I need to know at this time is that I bought some empty boxes for use in my coolers. I avoid using boxes that came with infused cigars as this would give off odor if not flavor as well to my other cigars and cedar too. What I have specifically is a DE Natural "Big Juicy" box. It smells kinda neutral. All the wood is lacquered. But the entire interior except for the lid, is felt lined. Which seems odd to me. Just want to make sure it's not infused before I use it in my cooler.

Anybody know for sure?
    ill be the one to reply with *** drew estate!!!!!!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I asked the same thing a while back. What I was told from a few different sources is that no, they are not infused. They supposedly achieve the unique flavors that they do by combining a variety of different tobaccos from around the world. Most of them have sweetened tips, but aside from that, they are regular cigars. That being said, I don't know of any other non-infused cigars that have the kind of aroma or flavor that Naturals do. Even if they are mildly infused, though, you should be fine using the boxes in your coolers. As long as you said you can't detect any "infused" smell in the boxes, there shouldn't be an issue. If anything, see if you can remove the felt linings and use them like that.