Home Ratings & Reviews

My first Acid - Acid "Nasty"

So I'm pretty new to real cigars, by real I mean NOT swisher sweet styles lol. I've had a few real cigars and none that make me say "I'd smoke that again!" Today I tried an Acid "Nasty", I LOVED the smell of this cigar out of the wrapper and when it was burning it smelled amazing .... The taste however was not on par with the enjoyment I had from the smell. And it had a burn to it unlike any other cigar I've had. My friend said that his experience with Acid was that he could smoke one and then the next one he smoked of the same name tasted different. Is this common with them ? Or common with cigars period? Should I try another one ? Im still in the phase of discovering what I like in a cigar. I'm getting a humidor soon so I guess at that I can get some sampler packs and start working my way through those :) It seems pretty daunting to me though mostly because my understanding is that taste and even taste descriptions can mostly be unique to the individual smoker. So when reading descriptions I'm notnsurenwhat to try. Maybe it will just be a trial by error sort of thing.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Imo, the cigar.com house blends are a great place to start.
    i would also reccomend calling one of the associates and discussing with them what you want to try.
    One God, One Truth
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend revisiting the stick somewhere down the road. I've had a few myself that I didn't like the first time I smoked them. Then after a couple weeks or a month I would light one up again and see if it was just my tastes at the time or if actually didn't like it. Give it time my friend and you will start learning your tastes and figuring out your prefered fillers and wrappers. Maybe even find a favorite cigar maker and follow some of their blends. :) it's half the adventure of cigars.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I feel that Acid is total crap but that's just my opinion.
  • The nasty is the only Acid I like now a days. There is another one that is not bad, I forget the name but I think it was dynasty or something.