Home General Discussion
Options

New Member Here

Good evening: I'm new to these forums. This is my first forum post. Anyway . . . I'm 61 years old, and I have been smoking a pipe and cigars since I was only 19 years old. The picture in my avatar is a photo taken of me back in June 5,2012 when I had my Galileo telescope set up on a patio at a Starbucks observing the transit of Venus across the face of the sun from 4: 30 to 7:45 PM here in El Paso,Texas. I had my telescope set up with a circular sun shade to cast a shadow and I used a 2X Barlow lens to project the sun's image onto a white screen, the safest method to observe the sun with a telescope. So, I have many other interests. Anyway . . . I hope to get some good advice from my fellow forum members on pipes and more good cigars. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard
  • Options
    Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Welcome to the forum, Big. Think you'll enjoy it.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, Welcome and enjoy!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Big Fat Heretic? Kinda labeling yourself there, huh? Anyways, welcome to our diverse group. Live long, smoke cigars and prosper!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and take some time and read and you will enjoy yourself around here!!
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Welcome to the forums. You will find a wealth of information on here. You will probably be able to help us out a lot on the pipe side of things too.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Big Fat Heretic? Kinda labeling yourself there, huh? Anyways, welcome to our diverse group. Live long, smoke cigars and prosper!
    Nah! I am big and fat, and I'm a heretic! If you check out my YouTube channel at : http://www.youtube.com/user/BigFatHeretic/videos?view=1&flow=grid you'll see why! Especially when you look and my Playlists where I have favored videos on science, like geology, astronomy, paleontology, and the big E word, Evolution. I'm an agnostic, by the way. So, I proudly bear the label, and I think my user name has pizzazz! Before I became agnostic, I use to say, that if God didn't intend for us to smoke, then . . . why did he create tobacco plants? Eh? Now, I thank Evolution! Anyway . . . I have recently discovered a way to LEGALLY get CUBAN Cigars in the USA. Just order them from the Dominican Republic where the cigars are handmade from Cuban tobacco. As I have mentioned before, I'm 61 years old. I'll be 62 on the 30th of September. I've been smoking pipes and cigars since I was only 19 years old. Yeah! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!
  • Options
    J.S.:
    Welcome to the forums. You will find a wealth of information on here. You will probably be able to help us out a lot on the pipe side of things too.
    Well, my favorite pipe tobacco is a nice sweet Black Cavendish, the only kind of pipe tobacco I smoke. I use to get it at Walgreen's for about $36 dollars for a 12 ounce bag. But, they have discontinued their pipe tobacco and will go on to selling only cigarettes and chewing tobacco. But then, after searching Ye Olde Internet, I found where I can get a 12 ounce bag of Black Cavendish pipe tobacco for only $14.99 and lots of really good cigars. In fact, I have recently subscribed to 14 different websites and ordered catalogues on line. So, I'm now learning my way around, exploring the universe of cigars! I'm now in Cigar Heaven! Yeah! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to your new home sir.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Though be warned we have some peeps on here who may try and burn you at the stake. Witch hunts do happen in these parts.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Welcome, that hobby sounds expensive, kind of like how cigars are expensive. Post up any questions, put your seat back, and enjoy the ride. Happy early Birthday.
  • Options
    james40:
    Welcome, that hobby sounds expensive, kind of like how cigars are expensive. Post up any questions, put your seat back, and enjoy the ride. Happy early Birthday.
    Well, my Galileo telescope was given to me by a friend. It had no eyepieces. So, I'm going to have to order them. But, I ordered a 2X Barlow lens to attach to the focusing tube. It was too big to fit. So, I had to make an adapter out of a short piece of PVC pipe, and I spray painted it black. The Galileo telescope is made in India so it's hard to buy parts for it.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    phobicsquirrel:
    Welcome! Though be warned we have some peeps on here who may try and burn you at the stake. Witch hunts do happen in these parts.
    You think he got the coded message? LOL. Good one.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! You're gonna meet tons of awesome people here! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Stick around and get involved, you'll love it here.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    seriously?
    not a great way to welcome.

i mean, im fairly agnostic myself and nobody burns me at the stake.

one thing ive noticed about these parts is that as long as others respect religious beliefs we all seem to get along just fine.
    dont take things so personal my squirrely friend.
    we dont wanna burn you at the stake.

quit thinking the worst of people.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    seriously?
    not a great way to welcome.

i mean, im fairly agnostic myself and nobody burns me at the stake.

one thing ive noticed about these parts is that as long as others respect religious beliefs we all seem to get along just fine.
    dont take things so personal my squirrely friend.
    we dont wanna burn you at the stake.

quit thinking the worst of people.
    OK, let's all behave ourselves now! The only burning we do around here is the tobacco our cigars, or the tobacco in our pipes when smoking!
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    Welcome aboard. Lots a intereting happenings on this site. A lot of good dudes too.
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Knock Knock..... You still round Big Fat?

Aj
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I know, right? I got all excited when I saw the post, then I saw the date and realized it was a few months old. Maybe he'll see this and and get lured into our mini-herf...
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Thats exactly what i was thinking... been on the hunt for southwest peeps all day.

Aj