Home Non Cigar Related
Options

beyond upset.

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
My Iphone 4s wiped out all my contacts tonight. So i went to restore my contacts and in the process it erased almost a year of memories from my phone. All my pics are gone of our vacations, fun times in our house, pics of my wife and daughter and least of my concerns all my cigar and pipe pics. HOW THE HELL DID IT MANAGE TO KEEP ALL MY NOTES ON MY PHONE BUT NOT MY DAMN PICTURES!?!?!?!? Heartbroken is an understatement. im devastated. I didnt turn on the Icloud cause i didnt trust it and i lost it all.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sorry man. iCloud is your friend.
    I hope you can somehow get it back.

• Options
    Just spend an hour with Apple trying to see if we can get it back... Nope. All those candid shots of my girls... all those snippets in time that i held dear to me... gone. like it was nothing at all. beyond destroyed.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Ouch. You really should back up. Either trust icloud, or do it manually!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Really? didn't you save all of that to your SD card? All of the stuff I do on my galaxy phone I save to my sd card which is removable... so I guess maybe it wouldn't have mattered since Apple doesn't let you do that. Man that really, REALLY is horrible to lose all of that. Even the icloud didn't help? I had an evo a while back that bricked, but luckily all of my stuff was saved to the 12 gig removable sd card I had in it. Otherwise I might have lost it all.
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't have the cloud set up. I sure as hell do now! But on e over the funding I'm going back to a droid. I love my iPhone but I need an SD card to back things up and be able to expand my memory if I need to. Sigh. Oh well... Sportin a major headache and still emotionally drained from last night. But have semi-accepted it.
  • Options
    WyattEarpWyattEarp Posts: 27
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sorry man. iCloud is your friend.
    I hope you can somehow get it back.

Just remember anything you put on the cloud is no longer your sole property, and privacy laws no longer apply, Not that they apply much more anyway.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropbox everything...even if you have iCloud. Redundancy is your best friend. Sorry you lost it all bro.... No data recovery services in your area?
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling.
  • Options
    Vision:
    Dropbox everything...even if you have iCloud. Redundancy is your best friend. Sorry you lost it all bro.... No data recovery services in your area?

nope. I searched the night it happened and I couldn't find anything. Thanks for the Dropbox reminder. Lol someone on Facebook recommended it too. I'm downloading it right now.