Home General Discussion
Options

Camacho Havana

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody had any of these lately? Are they box worthy? Weekend blitz is making me want them.

Comments

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Haven't smoked one myself (that I remember). But other users comment they are solid here and here.

I personally wouldn't buy a box of something I hadn't tried... but I guess at that price, at worst you have some pretty solid handouts if they don't hit your palate right.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I like them a good amount...for the price they are tough to beat! I do how ever love the corojo ltd's but besides the davidoff released camachos I like the whole line
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    id get the figurados.
    considering a split?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Nvm
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    Haven't smoked one myself (that I remember). But other users comment they are solid here and here.

I personally wouldn't buy a box of something I hadn't tried... but I guess at that price, at worst you have some pretty solid handouts if they don't hit your palate right.
    I am thinking the same thing. Seems like plenty of people rate them highly so even if I don't fall in love with them, they are solid trade and bomb material at a bargain price. Plus the last weekend blitz I got in on I was hesitant to get the whole box for myself so I went for a split, and it turns out I wish I had gotten a whole box just for me.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    id get the figurados.
    considering a split?
    Thanks for the offer. I'll think about a split but I'm leaning towards taking a whole box.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    kuzi16:
    id get the figurados.
    considering a split?
    Thanks for the offer. I'll think about a split but I'm leaning towards taking a whole box.
    pm me if you decide to.
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    They will not let you down. Very nice smoke. Aside from the GREAT price, they won't be available for much longer..... sad.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    AVJim:
    They will not let you down. Very nice smoke. Aside from the GREAT price, they won't be available for much longer..... sad.
    yes they will. they made the cut. they wont be called "Havana" they will be called "criollo" and have only been tweaked a little bit to make them sightly stronger.
    here is a LINK where you can find this info.
  • Options
    Hey Kuzi. Are those the figurados I see in the photos on the Weekend Blitz? If so, they don't have much of a curvature from the ends to the middle like I expected. And are fugurados you favoite vitola in this cigar? If yes then why? I'm debating wheter to go with toro, gigante or figurado.
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    kuzi16:
    AVJim:
    yes they will. they made the cut. they wont be called "Havana" they will be called "criollo" and have only been tweaked a little bit to make them sightly stronger.
    here is a LINK where you can find this info.
    Thanks Kuzi! It's been some time since I visited their website. Who the frack thought the new band was a good idea?!? I really liked the old ones... they were classy! Not that it matters that much as long as the smoke is good but that thing is UGLY in my humble opinion.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Hey Kuzi. Are those the figurados I see in the photos on the Weekend akenBlitz? If so, they don't have much of a curvature from the ends to the middle like I expected. And are fugurados you favoite vitola in this cigar? If yes then why? I'm debating wheter to go with toro, gigante or figurado.
    I like the figurados the best out of that line. The wrapper to filler ratio is always changing. If I'm not mistaken its not a perfecto style its a pyramid.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Here's a pic that I found showing all the Havana vitolas: http://www.sigars.ru/f/cigars/camacho_havana/camacho_havana_sizes_line.jpg
  • Options
    Nice chart. Thanks.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Since I've read the whole thread I can vouch for these cigars...easy box worthy and every time I smoke one I check to see if I have enough of them left and tend to buy them in 5 paks now. Best smoked with at least 6 months of rest. JMHO
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    Here's a pic that I found showing all the Havana vitolas: http://www.sigars.ru/f/cigars/camacho_havana/camacho_havana_sizes_line.jpg
    thats an old chart. i havent seen the Nacionales in years. thogh i did a box split on the petits about 6 years ago. i still have one left. they had the OLD old camacho band. ill see if i can get a picture up.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Just won a couple of 5 paks off CBID...$10 for a 5 pak...can't beat that!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    damn wtg!!!, i dont have the patience,, seems whenever i look away, something i like shows up,, most of the time i'm watching ,,not so much..
  • Options
    Cigary:
    Nice score!
  • Options
    Just tried my first one from my box purchase from about a month and a half ago when I started this thread. This one has had about five weeks rest. I'm enjoying the flavors. Smooth & nutty with a bit of a citrus flavor too. Smokey nut and citrus flavors on the finish. There's some pepper or spice or both in there too. I over did it on the retrohale during the first half inch and irritated the back of my throat so I grabbed a coke and that helped. A few other times the back of my throat got that same feeling. Is that the spice or the pepper that does that to me? I'm not sure. Anybody else get that sensation? It's not a burn feeling but it's just kinda like pepper in the back of your throat. The Coke washes it out pretty well so it's no big deal but I probably couldn't smoke this one without a drink of some kind. Preferably something that's stronger that water.

It did have a few uneven burns at times and it actually required more draws to keep it lit after the halfway point than I really wanted to give it. Also the draw was a little too loose in my opinion. Next time I try one of these I'll remember not to retrohale so much and I'll also cut less off of the torpedo cap so as to restrict the draw a little more.

Despite the burn problems and the airy draw, I enjoyed it a lot. The flavor of the finish was very enjoyable. I'm glad I got the box.
  • Options
    hold on to them. they age well.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    hold on to them. they age well.
    I look forward to it :)