Home Ratings & Reviews

RP Vintage 90 and 92

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
I was told that rocky patel vintage 1990 and 1992 need to age a year before smoking. How are they rott? Are they worth the coin? Can they be compared to any other cigar?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them, give at least 4 weeks in the humidor and you should be good.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like them with too much age on them. They lose something IMO. But a month or two is about right.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i used to like them more. im just not a huge RP fan. however, the 90 and 92 are the best they have to offer in my opinion. the 90 is better than the 92 in my opinion. the honduran wrapper does well for the blend.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The 90 and 92s are no where as good as they were in 08-09. I'd smoke them rott or give them a month. They don't have as much flavor as they used to. Older they get the less flavor they have now.

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    The 90 and 92s are no where as good as they were in 08-09. I'd smoke them rott or give them a month. They don't have as much flavor as they used to. Older they get the less flavor they have now.
    im fairly sure they ran out of the real 90 and 92 vintage tobacco a long time ago.
    that line has been a best seller for RP for a decade. the "90" and "92" are just numbers to keep brand recognition. the "90" is just aged 12 years and the "92" is just aged 10 years.
    that is why they dont taste the same.

either that or they had the largest tobacco field in history along with endless storage space.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    im fairly sure they ran out of the real 90 and 92 vintage tobacco a long time ago.
    that line has been a best seller for RP for a decade. the "90" and "92" are just numbers to keep brand recognition. the "90" is just aged 12 years and the "92" is just aged 10 years.
    that is why they dont taste the same.

either that or they had the largest tobacco field in history along with endless storage space.
    yes sir...remember my old thread "Cigar Vintages??" lol ;)

"Long ashes my friends."