Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar World, My AZZ

The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
Knew I was gonna have a long drive home after work, so I brought a stick with me to enjoy on the drive,, nuthin fancy, La Perla Habano Morado,, Well it was in my cargo pants leg pocket, and during work it got a little smashed!! Dang it, :o( It looked salvageable so I lit er up. Well it wasnt drawin good cause of all the cracks in the wrapper, but I was nursin it,, Was getting some good flavor every now then.

Then I saw it, like a Beacon of light in the darkness,,,,CIGAR WORLD,, I passed it but was headin back,, I said goodbye to my Morado, and pulled into the parkin lot. walked into the store,, lots of fluff,, you know what I mean,, but there in the back corner a small walk in,,,What will I find?? an unopen box of OSOK's,, perhaps, some La Paulina's,, I hear the angels singing.. I open the door walk in and close the door. When Im gonna pay msrp for a smoke at a B&M I usually go for a higher end cigar cause with those, one usually pays msrp either way. I start peruzing,, Cuban rounds,, gurkha ninjas,, , what the ??? ahh wait a sec a dpg cuban classic,, 9.99,, uhh no. Oh cool an oliva v,, 14.00,,,pass,, no padrons, no ashton, no nuthin,, other than those ,just a bunch of high priced crap. I left depressed,, i almost went looking for my morado,,,lol,,, Hour later im home and enjoying a padron 1926 maddy,, its good to be home!

Comments

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Hear ya Kid! Went into an old mom and pop shop here in town. Store is small to begin with, which isnt a problem but the inventory on hand was so limited that it was ridiculous, not to mention the old bait and switch trick they were running, Here is a box of monsters.....open said box, not really they were just using it for storage for a far less superior cigar. Then there was the BIG Italian (When I say Big I mean Big, hey no prob, I am not a little guy myself) guy who says, "what are you doing just kickin the tires." Uh I actually know what I am looking for and I am searching for something in particular. Disappointed!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Was in Lake George, NY this past weekend. There was a shop there that said it could take care of "All your tobacco needs." It was all hookah and vape and "pipes."
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    That's unfortunate, but you told it very well. Like I was there, being disappointed in person lol
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Cigar World...was this in the Atlanta area as we have that store in Marietta and their pricing is about what you saw. I rarely will go there unless they are having a Cigar Vendor come to the store with specials. Otherwise I just buy off the net.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Similar situation here. A cigar shop recently opened in town so I went down and checked them out. They had a few good smokes, AB Black Market, Casa Magna, Cohiba, Fuente but everything was $9 or higher. Then I looked down at the humidifier they were running in there and it said 84 on the digital readout. I bought a couple of sticks I know I like just to be courteous and got out of there. After some time sitting out of the humidor the smokes were fine, but were really spongy when I brought them home. I am not a return customer. The local headshop has a better selection and keep their humidors at 70 so I go there if I want one of something right now.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    Cigar World...was this in the Atlanta area as we have that store in Marietta and their pricing is about what you saw. I rarely will go there unless they are having a Cigar Vendor come to the store with specials. Otherwise I just buy off the net.
    No it was near Tacoma, WA. Man I just saw that name and from the outside it looked legit. I will usually buy a stick just out of courtesy, and given my situation, I really wanted to, but just couldnt do it. Plus I think by not buying one it may have sent a subtle message to the owner. get better cigars or lower prices!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Cigary:
    No it was near Tacoma, WA. Man I just saw that name and from the outside it looked legit. I will usually buy a stick just out of courtesy, and given my situation, I really wanted to, but just couldnt do it. Plus I think by not buying one it may have sent a subtle message to the owner. get better cigars or lower prices!!!
    i doubt it.

unless you are one of MANY customers that do this and he no longer profits.
    i just wouldnt go there. let the market weed them out a bit.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    kuzi16:
    The Kid:
    Cigary:
    i doubt it.

unless you are one of MANY customers that do this and he no longer profits.
    i just wouldnt go there. let the market weed them out a bit.
    For sure! I don't like to rain on B&M's but some of their pricing just makes my hair stand on end. Some of the pricing is almost a 200% markup and that is bothersome to me...if I smoke there then I can understand a markup but for those who walk in and buy and leave...that tends to be a bit much. I'd sure like to see B&M's give a discount to those who just buy product and leave. JMHO