Home General Discussion
Options

New love for sun grown...

VisionVision Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ive found a new love for sun growns..... From AF to Pinar.... I cant find many that are bad.... Im enjoying a Pinar Del Rio Sun Grown Habano ATM with 9 months in humi on it..... its fantastic... and trust me... I went into this cigar thinking.... Ill smoke about half of it and toss it.... now I cant get enough.... who else is loving the sun grown sexiness.

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    The PDR SG IMO is the best in their lineup. In the same price range I also really like the Alec Bradley sg,, havent tried the AB american sg. Yep! SG sticks are yum!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you on that. Love sungrowns!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Titan de Bronze Sungrown is nice too
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    AB American SG is really good
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I remember my first SG experience...10 years ago and I am still loving that taste. Wait til you try Brazilian tobacco.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thay have that tasty tingle.

I keep meaning to pick up a box of those Signature Collection Sun Grown robustos that got for around $35 on cigarbid. That right there is a darn good sungrown.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I too enjoy the PDR sungrown i am also a fan of the A. Fuente sungrown.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    I remember my first SG experience...10 years ago and I am still loving that taste. Wait til you try Brazilian tobacco.
    +1 I am a Brazilian junkie!!!!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had a few Perdomos that were sun growns that I really liked and I had a PDR Sun Grown Habano ROTT a while back and it was good, so after hearing you mention them I'm looking forward to the rest of them that I have on hand now that they've had a few months rest :)
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I love the Alec Bradley Sungrown (note: not the new American Sun Grown, just the old regular Sun Grown, I haven't tried the American Sun Grown yet). The RP Sun Grown was one of the RP's I actually liked alot, too.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Pinar sungrown is one of my favorites.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    webmost:
    Thay have that tasty tingle.

I keep meaning to pick up a box of those Signature Collection Sun Grown robustos that got for around $35 on cigarbid. That right there is a darn good sungrown.

those sig sg's are great, ive found that i like several of that series.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I love the Alec Bradley Sungrown (note: not the new American Sun Grown, just the old regular Sun Grown, I haven't tried the American Sun Grown yet). The RP Sun Grown was one of the RP's I actually liked alot, too.
    the RP original sun grown (OSG) was better. i miss that cigar.

The old Rocky Patel OSG has a sun grown honduran wrapper. the Rocky Patel sun grown that is still in production now uses Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, but the fillers are very similar.

there was a switch over in the factory used to roll these just after the fist batch was rolled. there are a few stories out and about on why there was a change in the blend ranging from lost wrapper bales to one factory wouldnt let their tobacco to be used in other factories once PR moved his productions. im not sure what story is real. but long story short, they are very different cigars. most fans of RP like the sungrown better. I am not a big RP fan and i like the OSG better.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    El Titan de Bronze Sungrown is nice too
    +1 on this. If you haven't tried the El Titan de Bronze you don't know what you're missing. Great smoke!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Pinar sungrown is one of my favorites.
    #1 one of the best sungrowns out there IMO. I'll take a sungrown over a maduro anytime.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    I'm not that new to smoking :). I just have a new love for sungrown.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    One of my all time fav's is the Ashton VSG. That is my special cigar that isn't to horribly priced.