Home General Discussion
Options

Make mine machine made

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
So I decided to try a few different mmcigars. I was pleasantly surprised. I just can not find a premium cigar that is my go to. Accept Cao Brazillia Go! Also being that money is a bit tighter, a tasty and affordable 50 pack!!! I dont feel bad not finishing one if in a hurry.

Comments

• Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    That is a good cigar for sure but don't sell a lot of the other brands short...I know of about a dozen that are just as good if not better for the same price if not a bit cheaper.
  • Options
    Cigary:
    That is a good cigar for sure but don't sell a lot of the other brands short...I know of about a dozen that are just as good if not better for the same price if not a bit cheaper.
    I have no objections to premium cigars. I would prob smoke them if surrounded by fellow cigar smokers. But since I am by myself, machine mades actually taste good. Also cant handle sitting by myself that long. I ordered some El Producto. I think same as Muriel. The vintage box got me. I got the fino size. I will leave a review since el producto doesnt have any. I emailed altadis and they will send me a free sample too. Thats cool of them!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have this box of vintage White Owls and Dutch Masters, if one of you guys wants them.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    I still have this box of vintage White Owls and Dutch Masters, if one of you guys wants them.

How much for the dutchmaster? Are they natural or flavored, size. Thank you.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    christian1971:
    Cigary:
    I have no objections to premium cigars. I would prob smoke them if surrounded by fellow cigar smokers. But since I am by myself, machine mades actually taste good. Also cant handle sitting by myself that long. I ordered some El Producto. I think same as Muriel. The vintage box got me. I got the fino size. I will leave a review since el producto doesnt have any. I emailed altadis and they will send me a free sample too. Thats cool of them!
    I can remember a lot of the box made cigars that I used to smoke a ton of....El Producto Queens...Grenadiers A&C....Hav A Tampas....Optimos...great cigars when you're under 21. Almost forgot some cigars you've probably never heard of but I used to smoke these by the case..Tiajuana Smalls...10 for the road baby!
  • Options
    I don't sell stix. It's free or nothing. After all, I got them free.

I don't think they are flavored. It's an unopened box about 20 or 25 years old. Sets inside a partial box of White Owls, similarly aged.

Shoot me your addy. My pleasure.

Hey, I'll even throw in a couple of my current fave machine mades -- Smithdale Perfecto Oscuro -- yum. Very PA Broadleaf and real good. Cheap, too.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    USPS # 9114901123086059460779

• Options
    FNAFNA Posts: 55
    I've smoked a lot of 'mechanizidos' as the Cubans say.

Check out a couple of the less huge brands. What's nice is that these cigars are all natural tobacco, while cigars such as White Owl and El Producto often use sheet homogenized tobacco for binder or even wrapper.

Another nice thing is that the following cigars are all made in America.

Finck's - Down in Texas they make the Travis Club in a half dozen sizes and two wrappers. They have several other all-natural brands as well as several dirt cheap brands using homogenized sheet.

Muniemaker Shorts, Perfecto 100s and the eveer popular Judges Cave robusto.

John Hay produces robustos and coronas in natural and maduro (flavors too, but I wouldn't know about them)

Topper makes a lot of sizes I think, I enjoy their coronas.
  • Options
    FNAFNA Posts: 55
    Where's that Smithdale out of?
  • Options
    FNA:
    Where's that Smithdale out of?
    FX Smiths Sons, McSherrystown PA.

BTW -- FXS also manufactures the aforementioned John Hay, Muniemaker, and I think the Judges Cave for those companies. Used to make the Toppers you mention for many years, until Topper moved their business to factories offshore.

I tried that John Hay and hated it. Horrible. Got it straight from the company store in Intercourse PA. Hottest, wettest, stuffiest cigar room I have ever been in, and the cigars suffered for it.

I'd like to try the original stogies from Marsh Wheeling.