Home Ratings & Reviews

LFD Carajos or Padron Corticos???

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
With winter just around the corner, I'm curious to try out some new smaller cigars. I figured I would start with my two favorite brands. Has anyone had either of these? Are they good? Any input is greatly appreciated.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Lucky for you I know a guy doing a writeup on mini's here soon lol. I haven't had the LFD, I like the Padron cortico in natural. The Ortega Mini's are damn good. Avo purito is excellent, along with the XO presto I think is the small one. Regius is making a good tin. DPG Blue makes a small one in my review that rocks. I cannot remember what else is in there, but it should be up in the coming weeks. The Ashton sucked, I remember that.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Lucky for you I know a guy doing a writeup on mini's here soon lol. I haven't had the LFD, I like the Padron cortico in natural. The Ortega Mini's are damn good. Avo purito is excellent, along with the XO presto I think is the small one. Regius is making a good tin. DPG Blue makes a small one in my review that rocks. I cannot remember what else is in there, but it should be up in the coming weeks. The Ashton sucked, I remember that.
    Awesome! Can't wait to check out those reviews. I just remember seeing a ton of half smoked robustos in the ashtray last winter and thought I should actually pick up something appropriately sized.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD all the way. the Maduro Carajos are fantastic. I usually buy a few of them a year and age for a year before opening. they smoke so well at a year in.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    LFD all the way. the Maduro Carajos are fantastic. I usually buy a few of them a year and age for a year before opening. they smoke so well at a year in.
    Good to know. They changed the packaging from 6 packs to 5 packs earlier this year, so I will look to pick up the 6 packs to get a little age on them right off the bat.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    SleevePlz:
    With winter just around the corner, I'm curious to try out some new smaller cigars. I figured I would start with my two favorite brands. Has anyone had either of these? Are they good? Any input is greatly appreciated.
    The LDF are good, well worth the price IMO. I have not yet tried the Padron in that size but it is on my buy list.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had the Padron Corticos in Maduro and really like them. You have to really slow down your puff rate and ease back on the draw or they get harsh. But reeelllllaaaaaaxxxxx and enjoy one and its got some great flavor.

That said, I expect the Avo Puritos will kick Padron's butt once I get around to trying them, and I haven't had the LFD. There are other small cigars I've smoked, but none of them were any good except for the Padron.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.