Home Non Cigar Related

Syria

1235»

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    What exactly is the big deal about the use of biological/chemical attack?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Dont know if you can look it up online or not, but if you care to hear the "ReWrite" on (everyones favorite liberal) Lawrence O'Donnell 2 nights ago it was VERY good IMO and talked about the double standard the U.S. has about WMDs, biological & chemical weapons, etc. Went into us and the abomb, us and napalm, etc and our uproar over stuff like them. Meanwhile the painful deaths of these things as well as shrapnel, knife and gunshot wounds (and ascoiated infection) are just fine-----as long as they arent "chemical weapons" apparently all is fine.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Dont know if you can look it up online or not, but if you care to hear the "ReWrite" on (everyones favorite liberal) Lawrence O'Donnell 2 nights ago it was VERY good IMO and talked about the double standard the U.S. has about WMDs, biological & chemical weapons, etc. Went into us and the abomb, us and napalm, etc and our uproar over stuff like them. Meanwhile the painful deaths of these things as well as shrapnel, knife and gunshot wounds (and ascoiated infection) are just fine-----as long as they arent "chemical weapons" apparently all is fine.
    Come on. No sense in pretending. We all know that this horror of chemical weapons is left over from the First World War. People were genuinely disgusted by the savagery of that war. They could not believe that civilized and enlightened peoples would do such things. So we don't need to act all dense about it. Eight million died in that terrible war, all for naught. Four empires came to an end, and out of the chaos worse emerged. Wilson was elected as the peace candidate who would keep us out. He dragged us in. After the war, we even passed legislation prohibiting our government from dragging us into any other European wars. FDR running for re-election promised to keep us out of the next one. Then he drug us in. Seems to be a pattern among liberal democratic peace promising presidents (c.f. LBJ). Rather than demote chemicals from a thing too horrific to do, we ought instead to start adding mines, machine guns, napalm, nukes, etc., until we are finally down to nothing more than the president of this and the prime minister of that step into a cage with two baseball bats and go at it. Nothing good is accomplished by demoting chemicals to an acceptable mode of conduct. The list ought to be longer, not shorter, than one. Yes, even drones ought to be added to the list. But start with mines, first.

The First World War, by the way, was the "War to End Wars". So I suppose that since WWI never accomplished its stated objective, we must still be at war with the Axis, according to the definition of victory applied to Iraq.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    until we are finally down to nothing more than the president of this and the prime minister of that step into a cage with two baseball bats and go at it.

This would settle more wars than any other way.
    Thanks for the idea webmost.
    A tee-shirt should emblazon this logo and it passed out through the world!
    I might just to have to start this myself as money dictates.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am not sure dead people care how they were killed. Drawing the line in the sand that O tried to blame on others was patently stupid foreign "no-policy". Those who wish to still blame Bush for everything need to get over your self and look at what's going on around you. Did Bush destabilize Libya and turn into a bigger hell hole and not protect our own citizens against known threats? No, Did Bush destabilize Egypt and turn it into the MusBro haven?, No. Did O pull out of Iraq and Afganas-trashcan and let those Neolithic barbarians go back to beheading one another?, NO. Enough with the BS! This joker has no idea what a foreign policy should look like. We have no business in Syria, we have no idea who fired off the chemo weapons, we would be forced to choose between a brutal terrorist harboring dictator and the terrorist that turned on him and now he has let the Russians trump him to save face. What a freaking idiot, and they said Biden was the dufus! Well they at least got it half right! It takes a Demo-village to raise these kind of idiots.