Home Non Cigar Related

Advice...

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So I have one of my neighbors who I don't know very well but the few times we have ran into each other they seem nice. Anyway when I moved in I had to clean up a bunch of yard debris, and a lot of pine needles and tree limbs. Well I had that all done about a month ago and then last week or so I saw some fresh new limbs on the side of my garage. Now the tree that sits between our yards looked like it had some cutting done. Now I'm not sure if we both own the tree or what but from where I come from if you cut it you clean it up not toss in another persons yard. Even if it was my tree and they did cut some back I would expect to be asked or told about it first. Seems jacked to me. So since I have a way of inciting violence or at least anger I was wondering if any of you cooler heads could advise me on how to handle this?

Comments

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I would play dumb and ask if he's had any downed branches on his yard like it might be a problem and if he knows who owns the tree to get it checked out.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Big tall fences make great neighbors.

Unless you are my neighbor and you like to water my patio while im trying to sit out and enjoy a cigar. Last time I just hung the patio umbrella over the fence so she got the picture. If it happens again there might be hell to pay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Grab two beers and go chat with him about it. Amazing what a small gesture like that can do in the long term.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Go stab him. Or just shrug it off. Lol Might be easier to let it fly and save a possible confrontation for a bigger issue. If a bigger issue comes down the line it may not come off as hard for him if you havent har any prior issues. My neighbor trimmed out hedges for us about 2 feet.... After he told us it was only gonna be 6 inches. It grows back. Find a good tree fertilizer and make that puppy grow hardcore to make up for the trimmings. That's what we did. I agree though on the talking to you about it first. Kinda un-neighborly to do it without notice.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    move.

just kidding.

most people arent out to get others. i would take a bet that he just thought that you were ok with it. im sure its all one big misunderstanding.

i like the beer idea that was posted above. i mean... beer makes everything better.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Use the limbs to start a fire, sit back and enjoy the flames with a good cigar.
    Line disputes are notorious for getting out of hand, I know because my property has no easements but since I had to deal with the county when recently they paved a dirtroad beside my property, they were going to take it upon themselves to widen on my side. The problem being that I had years ago erected a chain-link fence on my line so I had a huge dispute with the first surveyor that came out. And they sent a second. I was right, as he admitted it, but it almost caused me to come to blows with a man for his stupidity in not being able to read a map.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ideas. I think I'm going to play dumb about it. lol, "hey, was there some branches that fell down near my garage,"? (never saw branches fall down from a tree with perfect cut lines ... )
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Thanks for the ideas. I think I'm going to play dumb about it. lol, "hey, was there some branches that fell down near my garage,"? (never saw branches fall down from a tree with perfect cut lines ... )
    See, I've botched enough yard work in plain view to pull it off, lol
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:

:-)
    I would like to see those fallen with a perfect cut line though.
    :-)
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Good way to go, worst case I had to deal with when I worked for the courts was a neighbor v. neighbor that went into restraining orders, stalking orders, finally into criminal cases. Long story short, the problem neighbor is now doing about 20 years for attempted murder for planting pipe bombs under his ex-wife's, a deputy and a DA's cars in the county he finally moved to after ours. You just never know who the really big pscyhos are, hate for ya to end up in his freezer. ;)
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Good way to go, worst case I had to deal with when I worked for the courts was a neighbor v. neighbor that went into restraining orders, stalking orders, finally into criminal cases. Long story short, the problem neighbor is now doing about 20 years for attempted murder for planting pipe bombs under his ex-wife's, a deputy and a DA's cars in the county he finally moved to after ours. You just never know who the really big pscyhos are, hate for ya to end up in his freezer. ;)
    Daaaaaaaaamn! I'm starting to think the fire and a cigar was the best idea! LOL
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Wife told me that she wants to buy a Solar "Generator" this morning. Something to run the three refrigerators / freezers, oh and maybe our laptops and network gear, and it'd be great to run the TV too. :D

Anyone have any advice? She pictures something portable and that we'd put up solar panels in the back yard during extended power outages.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

My advice….good luck

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

our deep freezer will stay solid for 3 days.... Fridge draws 7.1 amps, if that helps.
    Maybe get yourself a pickup truck:
    https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-electric-pickup-intelligent-backup-power-house/

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't stare directly at the sun.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knowing Kim as I think I do, my guess is she'll look at a few options for portable solar and realize what she wants isn't feasible.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Thanks for the advice so far. I do have a Kill-A-Watt so if I have to I can make some real-time power measurements, if it comes to that.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never looked at it very closely, but think it'd be cool to have a portable solar camping thing. The ones I've casually glanced at can charge smaller items, not what Mrs. Moritz would like.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I think running 3 fridges you are going to need at least 2000Wh, maybe more; assuming they each run about 20-30% of the time. Portable solar panels are about 100 watts so they can top up the battery but won't be able to keep up with the drain. That will cost you a couple of grand. A relatively quiet Honda 2000 watt gas powered generator is about $1000. A long heavy ga. extension cord let's you top up 1 fridge at a time plus minor electronics and led lights. I know it is not eco green but how often are you going to need it?

I do have a noisy generator that I need to check out and repair if necessary.