Home General Discussion
Options

NW Herf?

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    There is broadway cigars that opens at noon. 3615 NE Broadway Portland, OR 97232. I haven't been to that one but looks nice.
    Jason who owns Broadway really beat up a buddy of mine for "only buying 3 boxes" at an event so I'm kinda over him. There's no money charged to smoke at 82nd ave Pipe and Tobacco but yeah, we should all buy a stick at least. They also have a nice outside garden area if the weather permits. If poker is out, than Greater Trumps may fit the bill. I believe they do serve Cajun Tots from what I was told to whoever asked.

In regard to the face. I woke up 2 weeks ago with Bells Palsy and it's slowly but surely getting better. It basically is a nerve disorder that causes paralysis in half of the face. At first, I woke up with no cheek control and no eyelid control. It's been getting better. The eyelid closes and I'm starting to get some cheek control. In another couple weeks, Lord willing, I should be back to normal.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no. The one I was thinking of on 82nd is just off of stark. I talked with the guys there and they said their lounge is free to use and you can bring your own sticks. But i plan on buying a stick while im there. The one you're thinking of is Cascade Cigar and Tobacco. And yeah. They do make you buy a stick there and pay for the lounge time. I would rather pay for food or a cigar than a lounge fee. Lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    phobicsquirrel:
    There is broadway cigars that opens at noon. 3615 NE Broadway Portland, OR 97232. I haven't been to that one but looks nice.
    Jason who owns Broadway really beat up a buddy of mine for "only buying 3 boxes" at an event so I'm kinda over him. There's no money charged to smoke at 82nd ave Pipe and Tobacco but yeah, we should all buy a stick at least. They also have a nice outside garden area if the weather permits. If poker is out, than Greater Trumps may fit the bill. I believe they do serve Cajun Tots from what I was told to whoever asked.

In regard to the face. I woke up 2 weeks ago with Bells Palsy and it's slowly but surely getting better. It basically is a nerve disorder that causes paralysis in half of the face. At first, I woke up with no cheek control and no eyelid control. It's been getting better. The eyelid closes and I'm starting to get some cheek control. In another couple weeks, Lord willing, I should be back to normal.

yeah I looked at their menu just now. Mmmmmm Cajun tots! Lol

That's crazy about the Bell's palsy. It just popped up out of nowhere? Strange is the human body. Well once it gets better for you I'm always up for a chance to herf. :) maybe we can start a monthly CCOM NW herf! Would be nice to get away from my house and smoke a few with fellow cigar junkies. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, it came out of nowhere. I guess it comes on during stress or fatigue or if you clinch your teeth. I had all three because I just got back from vacation with 3 kids where we had a time change and I went back to work the very next day after flying all day.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Oh no. The one I was thinking of on 82nd is just off of stark. I talked with the guys there and they said their lounge is free to use and you can bring your own sticks. But i plan on buying a stick while im there. The one you're thinking of is Cascade Cigar and Tobacco. And yeah. They do make you buy a stick there and pay for the lounge time. I would rather pay for food or a cigar than a lounge fee. Lol
    that one on 82nd, is that the one with all the pipes? If so that place is pretty cool. I'd be down.

Dennis, that stuff sounds nasty. Hope it gets better soon buddy.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    LiquidChaos66:
    that one on 82nd, is that the one with all the pipes? If so that place is pretty cool. I'd be down.

Dennis, that stuff sounds nasty. Hope it gets better soon buddy.

Yeah the yellow building with all the .... Ummmmm glass "sculptures" that oddly look like crack pipes and bongs. Lol yes. That one. :) ok so we wanna do 82nd ave pipe and tobacco off of stark Sunday the 15th? Any objections from anyone? If not... What time?
  • Options
    dennisking:
    Yeah, it came out of nowhere. I guess it comes on during stress or fatigue or if you clinch your teeth. I had all three because I just got back from vacation with 3 kids where we had a time change and I went back to work the very next day after flying all day.

Wow. I think I cover all those bases myself... That's pretty crazy! Well like I said before I am totally down for more herfin! You are more than welcome to come and hangout with us! Nothing says you have to light up a stick! :)
  • Options
    I'm game if my face fixes itself.

thanks for the well wishes Pheebs. Yeah, the only pain I have is the pressure on the back of my eyeballs and the constant watering from my left eye so it's not that bad. It will be nice to smile again and have a working face. Hopefully I can make it. I have a good friend who smokes there almost daily who I would love to introduce you all to if I can make it. His name is Mark and he's top notch.
  • Options
    sweet. well how about around noon? If this is the place that I'm thinking of, they had actual pipes, some nice ones along with a nice selection of cigars. I remember having a sliding door humi next to the register (one of them) and then in the back corner sort of a sitting area with some more higher end smokes?
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. And yup, sounds like the place I was at last week.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    sweet. well how about around noon? If this is the place that I'm thinking of, they had actual pipes, some nice ones along with a nice selection of cigars. I remember having a sliding door humi next to the register (one of them) and then in the back corner sort of a sitting area with some more higher end smokes?

That's the place. :) so noon next Sunday? I'm down for that! Now do we all have to wear roses pinned to our shirts so we know who we are looking for? Lol ;)
  • Options
    lol, I'll wear my opus x hat. I hope they have some dc caesars left, I wouldn't mind smoking another one.
  • Options
    I don't know what I'll wear. Lol but I have two tattoos. One one each underside of my forearms. The one one right is my family crest. Just like my avatar pic.
  • Options
    ah, but roses would be cute!
  • Options
    So would matching joggin suits... But that's not gonna happen. Lol
  • Options
    So I should cancel the order for souvenir t-shirts? ;)
  • Options
    Yes... I think matching mugs with our pics on them would be more appropriate.
  • Options
    If I show up, I'll look just like my avatar. Handsome.
  • Options
    Olympia/Tacoma area!!
  • Options
    so we are looking at 3 with the possibility that Dennis will be in good shape?
  • Options
    I would say 4-5 maybe. I'm gonna be there Ag03 will be (we are carpooling lol) so there's two for sure... squirrel and Perkinke (4) possibly Dennis.... Did I miss anyone?
  • Options
    sweet deal.
  • Options
    looking at the weather... i think it would be nice to smoke on their patio. :)
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Remember to take pictures.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Nah. ;)
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    looking at the weather... i think it would be nice to smoke on their patio. :)
    yeah I saw that, stupid rain
  • Options
    Rain may not be a big deal. If I remember right their patio is covered.
  • Options
    what do you all plan on smoking tomorrow?
  • Options
    It's probably gonna be a perdomo 10th anniversary champagne. Been a while since I've had one. :) how bout you?
  • Options
    I dunno, I thought I'd grab 3 or 4 and figure it out when I got up there. Of course, might just get one out of their stock too and smoke there. (gonna buy something out of courtesy of course, regardless)