Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Sad Weekend

bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
The wife and I were excited for the start of college football and to be hosting a party for a group of family and friends who helped us move into our house. Unfortunately I had to spend the first part of the morning digging a grave for our beloved dog who was hit by a car. She has been with us for the past 10 years.

She was my smoking buddy and always got excited when I opened the humi cause she knew we were going outside. Luckily I did find her early so I finished burying before my son awoke. One of the hardest things I've done is explain to him that his doggie isn't coming back. RIP Maggie :(

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that sucks! Sorry to you and your family
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    A dog really is a close family member. Sorry for your loss man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm sorry for your loss. Pets have always been family members to me.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Verry sorry man. Pets and dogs especially are just like a family member.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry to hear about your loss brother.been goin thru some medical problems with my dog.hope you and family get thru this together...
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry to hear that! :( Pets are a huge part of our lives. Thoughts and prayers headed your way!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Ahh man, that sucks. I'm sorry for your loss. I can understand your feelings for your dog. My dogs have all been part of my family. I just can't imagine finding my dog after being hit by a car on top of having to tell my son his puppy is gone. I hope that you are able to get a new pup and start some great smoking memories together!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Man that's rough. Pets become an integral part of the family.

• Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Very sorry to hear about your loss. I dont know what i would do if i lost mine.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this brother.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Man that sucks. So very sorry to hear.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Had to let a good friend go... overa year ago. I still whip my head when I hear a bark similar to hers. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang. You guys bring back memories. First dog I helped bury I was maybe eight. Rusty loved to chase cars. I was in the front yard when he finally caught one. Rusty figured he would bring it down... Bit the car on the tire! Fearless. I ran out to try and help him, he bit me. Hurting too bad to be touched. Put him under Mom's roses. Almost sixty years later and it's still a sad day.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the passing of your family member