Home General Discussion

Europe cigars

Hey all,
Today is my birthday and a friend who does not smoke bought me some cigars while he was in Italy. They are packaged nicely, but very odd shapes and sizes. I had always heard cigars in Europe were not like the US, The shops don't even humidify there. Anyway what I am wondering is do you think these will be any good? They are from the P.G.C Hajenius shop. They all feel very dry, but don't smell to horrible. What do you think I should do with them.

Thanks,

Graham R

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Smoke one and try it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Grahamcracker:
    Hey all,
    Today is my birthday and a friend who does not smoke bought me some cigars while he was in Italy. They are packaged nicely, but very odd shapes and sizes. I had always heard cigars in Europe were not like the US, The shops don't even humidify there. Anyway what I am wondering is do you think these will be any good? They are from the P.G.C Hajenius shop. They all feel very dry, but don't smell to horrible. What do you think I should do with them.

Thanks,

Graham R
    Try them... I have had cigars while in Italy. Its true that in most cases they are on the dry side. I reasoned to myself that they do not use humidity control because it tends to get pretty humid there - especially in some regions. Then on the other hand - temperatures are high and they all have A/Cs so it probably defeats the "purpose" of the higher humidity and dries out the cigars... Anyway... Let it rest to restore some of the humidity and try it in a week or two... Put it right NEXT to a drymistat tube if you have one...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember my grandfather smoking some Italian cigars straight from the old country. The only thing I remember about them is that they smelled like someone peed on a hot radiator! Try one, but do it outside on a windy day.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    One of my scoutmasters always smoked Italian Parodi's. They both looked and smelled like he was smoking a ****.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    They both looked and smelled like he was smoking a ****.
    Lol it's descriptions like this that truly make me wonder what the appeal is... Really, how does a stick seem so lovely to one enthusiast, and yet so repugnant to another? Quite a conundrum..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Hays:
    zoom6zoom:
    Lol it's descriptions like this that truly make me wonder what the appeal is... Really, how does a stick seem so lovely to one enthusiast, and yet so repugnant to another? Quite a conundrum..
    Yeh.... cannibalism kidda makes me wonder sometimes about stuff like that too
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    Hays:
    zoom6zoom:
    Lol for sure...ya gotta imagine we probably taste like crap. Basically all the animals we eat are herbivores, so they don't have all the fat and gristle being digested into the bodily systems that we do.. Gah I've thought too much about this, but only because someone I know said they wanted to try a human! GAH!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Hays:
    jeff_connors:
    Hays:
    zoom6zoom:
    Lol for sure...ya gotta imagine we probably taste like crap. Basically all the animals we eat are herbivores, so they don't have all the fat and gristle being digested into the bodily systems that we do.. Gah I've thought too much about this, but only because someone I know said they wanted to try a human! GAH!
    i'm thinking corned beef...