Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Opening day......

Of dove season. 870 in one hand and a Under crown in the other........

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Make sure you lead them a little. Have fun and be safe.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I've never been dove hunting but it sounds like a blast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That's my first shotgun. 870 express all black 28" barrel. I own with that gun. Have fun James.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I get an image of someone setting up a duck blind off to the side of a stage. A magician comes out and does his tricks. Poof a dove comes out of his sleeve and BANGBANGBANG!!!!! Dove dead... Magician injured and children's sense of magic destroyed! Lmao!!!!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I get an image of someone setting up a duck blind off to the side of a stage. A magician comes out and does his tricks. Poof a dove comes out of his sleeve and BANGBANGBANG!!!!! Dove dead... Magician injured and children's sense of magic destroyed! Lmao!!!!
    That's pretty twisted, but it cracked me up so who am I to say? ;)
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Are they a challenge at all?

The ones in my yard (mourning doves, essentially a prettier pigeon) are just about the stupidest and laziest birds in the world. They'll do just about anything to not to have to fly. I could easily capture any of them with my hands, but I wouldn't want to get near the filthy things.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I hear the Dove season is gonna be even better than the great season they had in Atlanta back in 1996!!!
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    raisindot:

The ones in my yard (mourning doves, essentially a prettier pigeon) are just about the stupidest and laziest birds in the world. They'll do just about anything to not to have to fly. I could easily capture any of them with my hands, but I wouldn't want to get near the filthy things.

I use dove season to make sure I don't miss during pheasant and quail season. If you can kill and find a dove you can do replicate that with anything.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Double post.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:

I don't hunt them myself, but I'm smack in the middle of everyone who does, and you'd be surprised, I was, once they figure somethings after them I don't think they fly more than 2 ft. in a straight line. They're some dip dive and dodge kind of birds. Taste good, too, both teaspoonfuls. I've got to bring home more than that to get interested myself. Got about 20 turkeys roosting on the property though, hmmm.......
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    raisindot:

I don't hunt them myself, but I'm smack in the middle of everyone who does, and you'd be surprised, I was, once they figure somethings after them I don't think they fly more than 2 ft. in a straight line. They're some dip dive and dodge kind of birds. Taste good, too, both teaspoonfuls. I've got to bring home more than that to get interested myself. Got about 20 turkeys roosting on the property though, hmmm.......
    Mmmmmmmm......turkey