Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Cheese

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Who likes cheese and whats your type?
I like a good sharp cheddar, i can eat that all day, and a spicy pepper jack.

I know there are other food guys and gals on here so post up your likes.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Dill havarti makes a tasty snack.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I like all types. But man 12 yr old Cheddar is probably my favorite. Love trying to pair cheese and beer.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Tillamook extra sharp cheddar is my favorite. The classic white is pretty good too.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love cheese...

Fresh mozzarella, provolone, muenster.. Feta, bleu, goat cheese... Always love Colby. I want a grilled cheese now
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoked gouda is my favorite snack cheese.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them all. Even the stinky ones .......... well I lied. Not a big fan of string cheese.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I like them all. Even the stinky ones .......... well I lied. Not a big fan of string cheese.

Im with you on this one! I love aaaaaalllllllll of them. Mostly the stinky ones. String cheese was great when i was 7 but now its not worth the effort. lol Being in Oregon Tillamook is my go to. Take a drive out there and pick some up from the factory. :) Heaven! Damn.... now i want cheese curd.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    perkinke:
    Tillamook extra sharp cheddar is my favorite. The classic white is pretty good too.
    Wish I could find that down south. Used to live in WA and I devoured Tillamook.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Gruyere
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Roast:
    Gruyere
    I fell in love with Gruyere and Edam when I lived in Europe. But, I don't turn my nose up at cheese, even the "stinky" ones. Love 'em all!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Just finished my block of 10 year old white cheddar. It was from a cheese shop in northern WI and was pretty amazing.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheese is the perfect food. Dogs love it, fish love it, cats love it, horses love it, mice love it, goats love it, birds love it, every animal I've ever loved loved cheese.

When Ben Gunn dreamt of food at night, marooned there on his island, what did he dream of? He dreamt of cheese. What tamed him? Doctor Livesey shared a morsel of parmesan he always carried in his snuff box.

From cottage to camembert, it's all excellent... it's cheese.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Love some smoked Gouda during the holiday season. Big fan of Brie with some fruits & breads on a good picnic. Always found Jarlsberg paired greatly with most wines, both white and red, sweet or dry.
  • Options
    You really like cheese.

Iv never had any stinky cheese, but yall have given me some choices to think about.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes. And how could I forget. Freshly grated parmesan is fantastic. Never buy the pre-shredded stuff. Buythe block, which is cheaper most times, and do the grating yourself. You'll be glad you did!

And I always forget cottage cheese. Love it mixed with shredded cheddar or topped with sliced peaches, both of which I learned from my mother.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    perkinke:
    Wish I could find that down south. Used to live in WA and I devoured Tillamook.

We can buy it in Memphis. Of course I only discovered this after a trip to Oregon that saw me stuffing cheese into my suitcase to bring home with me. Very next day, what do I see at Kroger? T-mook white cheddar. It cost more because it was a specialty cheese in Memphis as opposed to the normal dairy aisle where it was sold in the Kroger/Fred Meyer in Oregon. So I saved a couple of bucks. I'd look for it again.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    ooo, yeah I love that extra sharp. Though I can't eat too much in one sitting, very rich. I also like their habanero as well.

The wife and I like to pair cheeses with wine. I know every few months we'll go cheese hunting. There are a few places we go that sell all sort of cheese from all over the world. Damn stuff is expensive as hell but damn good. So far I love the goat cheese. Most of the cheese we picked up last go around was goat cheese. I still can't believe how much cheese costs though, like more than my beer and cigar obsessions.
  • Options
    I should also mention the Tilamook squeaky cheese. Love that stuff!
  • Options
    I should try and get my hands on some Tilamook. Sounds like pretty good stuff.
    I picked up a small wheel of cheese from Sams a while back, had like 6 different types in it. Just small wedges, none however were great or even good. I dont remember what the name was, but i know what it looks like and to avoid it.

Anyone tried making their own? I tried mozzarella and it didnt turn out too well, kinda just made a mess.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    never tried, and don't want too. sounds like a pain in the butt.
  • Options
    FNAFNA Posts: 55
    I like them all too especially the soft cheeses Brie, Camembert, San Andre and the others. Love that Saga soft-ripened blue.

Among hard cheeses Manchego from Spain is very nice.

Can't forget the blues - Gorgonzola, Roquefort, Stilton - Cambazola from Germany is another soft blue.

Not quite all - I can't get a Limburger within 6 inches of my mouth. A friend loves it. Do you guys that claim to love "stinky" cheeses eat the Limburger?
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    FNA:
    Not quite all - I can't get a Limburger within 6 inches of my mouth. A friend loves it. Do you guys that claim to love "stinky" cheeses eat the Limburger?
    On rye, with some onion, braunschweiger, and a nice mustard? Pour myself a porter or stout to go with? Yes, please. I could eat that for lunch everyday, if I didn't care for my co-workers' well being (or to kiss my wife).