Home Non Cigar Related
Options

HGTV

Does any one else watch a ton of HGTV?
I'm addicted to it. House hunters, love it or list it. So much good stuff.

Anyone else watch?

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    House hunters international is my favorite right now. Though the makeover show that they do while the couple is out to dinner is pretty cool too.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I like it because it's more reality than reality t.v.
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    My wife and I also enjoy watching that channel. Even just leaving the tv on that channel,while doing something else around the house. We have a dvd (dont recall name) of an HGTV show which has neighbors redesigning each others room. Only it is when things go really bad. The best of the worst of.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah! Mrs. Slob and I are on that station constantly.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I don't watch it, but there was a comic strip that recent lablelled it the "Whatever she wants" network because no matter what the proposal is, whether buying a house, redecorating or renovating, the couple always ends up doing "whatever she wants."
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    I don't watch it, but there was a comic strip that recent lablelled it the "Whatever she wants" network because no matter what the proposal is, whether buying a house, redecorating or renovating, the couple always ends up doing "whatever she wants."
    rule I live by, ifyou want to be at peace, everything, all her way, all the time
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    House hunters international is my favorite right now. Though the makeover show that they do while the couple is out to dinner is pretty cool too.
    Man. We always make sure to not watch the international one. It's unbelievable how much money people pay for hardly anything.

We watched tons of HGTV every day while we were house hunting, especially "House Hunters." We used to record the series and watch all of them. Our realtor was astounded about how much we knew about assessing a home and we picked up all our tricks from watching that show.

Now that we own a home, we're a little more interested in the design centered shows.

And I really miss David Brahm's "Color Splash." Not sure why they ever stopped airing that show.

I also really enjoy watching the weekend morning shows on PBS (Can't really name any) that focus on food, house and garden.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    clearlysuspect:
    roland_7707:
    Man. We always make sure to not watch the international one. It's unbelievable how much money people pay for hardly anything.

We watched tons of HGTV every day while we were house hunting, especially "House Hunters." We used to record the series and watch all of them. Our realtor was astounded about how much we knew about assessing a home and we picked up all our tricks from watching that show.

Now that we own a home, we're a little more interested in the design centered shows.

And I really miss David Brahm's "Color Splash." Not sure why they ever stopped airing that show.

I also really enjoy watching the weekend morning shows on PBS (Can't really name any) that focus on food, house and garden.
    Man I second that. The international one is crazy. Like the one where this lady moved to Japan and paied over a million dollars for this lame apartment.
    Heck some of the ones in the US are crazy 500k+ for 1200 sqft get the hell out.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    raisindot:
    rule I live by, ifyou want to be at peace, everything, all her way, all the time
    For sure on that!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Amos Umwhat:
    raisindot:
    For sure on that!
    Grow some balls fellas....j/k..happy wife=happy life
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Bigshizza:
    Amos Umwhat:
    raisindot:
    For sure on that!
    Grow some balls fellas....j/k..happy wife=happy life
    It's simple. When the Speckled Bearswatter has that crap on the toob, I step out to the garage, smoke a cigar, drink a beer, maybe turn a wrench, and watch MMA.

Life's too short.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)