Home Cigar 101
Options

Next Humidor

kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
Looking to upgrade my 50 count humidor realized I'm getting more serious about my cigar interest and dedication so wanted your guys opinion on what's the best option for me next coolidor or humidor def trying to stay in a budget but want to upgrade any help would be great

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    easy choice... Cooler.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    easy choice... Cooler.
    Does it matter the brand or size what am I looking for when I get a cooler
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Get a name brand cooler as they tend to seal better. These days coolers are on sale for great prices. As long as the top of the coolers is tight and you get that "whoooooosh" sound when you close it..you're good.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Add to this, whatever you think you need in terms of storage... triple it. You will be glad you did in the long run.
  • Options
    I was looking at a Coleman I'm not sure how's quality on those but it was for a pretty decent price
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I use Coleman and it hasn't let me down...besides wishing I had bought bigger.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the square Coleman stackables. Yes you may need to get more as you go but they take up less space..
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    I got the square Coleman stackables. Yes you may need to get more as you go but they take up less space..
    That's what I was planning I think they were 24 qt it was about 20$ down here but how much heartfelt beads would I need for that
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kingdavid5:
    Bigshizza:
    That's what I was planning I think they were 24 qt it was about 20$ down here but how much heartfelt beads would I need for that
    1 pound should do it. You can always add kl to help buffer since beads are far more expensive.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    +1
  • Options
    Yea think imma go with the Coleman myself do the boveda packs work just as good as the heartfelt beads or the xikar jars
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    kingdavid5:
    Yea think imma go with the Coleman myself do the boveda packs work just as good as the heartfelt beads or the xikar jars
    i use boveda and bead mix...it helps balance things out and the bovedas will last a very long time doing this!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    One of my coolers is a stackable and it works great. It didn't have a great seal but a roll of weather stripping from the hardware store fixed that easily enough. Now it's my best storage device.
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Lee.mcglynn:
    +1. But go big. I started with a small one but now I'm up to a 35 and I'm contemplating going even bigger. It holds humidity so well that my 100 count is empty!! It is a great low cost low maintenance solution.
  • Options
    So this week I'm going to get a cooler to start my coolidor do the jar gels work with the coolers just as we'll as the heartfelt beads I've been using the jars in my small desktop humidor and its been pretty solid so was wondering if I should go for the Jara boveda packs or heartfelt beads
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    boveda or silica beads will work great. I use silica kl as that's what I had available and it was inexpensive. not sure if by jars you mean pg gel or ???
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    boveda or silica beads will work great. I use silica kl as that's what I had available and it was inexpensive. not sure if by jars you mean pg gel or ???
    Yea the pg gel I'm gonna try to get the kitty litter and see how that works out