Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

AJ Fernandez Fresh Rolled Habano

I have been smoking on a mazo of 20 of AJ Fernandez fresh rolled habanos now for a week or so and have to say they are great everyday smokes for a good price. Now I'm no expert, I haven't been smoking long, but I think they are a good medium-bodied smoke. They are definitely worth a try.

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Love em. I keep the coronas on hand for a great, quick and cheap smoke. I haven't tried the maduro yet though.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    If I smoked more often these could easily be a goto for me. Even still, I can't seem to keep any in my humi for aging... weird how that works.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    If I smoked more often these could easily be a goto for me. Even still, I can't seem to keep any in my humi for aging... weird how that works.
    I like them a lot.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    Never tried them before need to get around I usually like everything AJ has put out
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I wonder how they taste with some age on them, do they change flavors cause they're fresh rolled
  • Options
    i bought a mazo of 20 thinking i would keep 10 to smoke and 10 to age a bit...that was 3 months ago and i have 1 left, think i know whats going to be next on my to buy list lol
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I smoke em by the mazzo. Its' one of the only sticks in my humidor at work. Best inexpensive cigar you will find. They're called "fresh" for a reason. It has to do with how they treat the leaves. They don't necessarily age well. I like the habano better than the maduro. And I agree, the coronas are the perfect stick for a quick smoke on the go.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolooly.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    Are they anything like diesel cigars if so I may need to grab a mazo
  • Options
    kingdavid5:
    Are they anything like diesel cigars if so I may need to grab a mazo
    In short, no. Not nearly the amount of spice, and a whole different texture of smoke. But, an AJ cigar, none the less.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am 50/50 on AJ blends. I found this stick to be too harsh to enjoy.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I bought 2 mazo's from the sprint sale. One maduro, and the other the regular. Been sitting in my humi for over 9 months, been smoking them here and there. Great golfing cigar at first, but I'm seeing myself smoking them on my balcony more...they do change for the better. It's not a dramatic change, but it's little bit more enjoyable. They smooth out nicely. Not bad for the price though, always keeping some on hand.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    I am 50/50 on AJ blends. I found this stick to be too harsh to enjoy.

I found the same. Way better if kept at lower RH. I found if they sat in my 68RH humi they were really harsh and acrid. Had a few in my 62RH humi and found them to be better.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Love em. I keep the coronas on hand for a great, quick and cheap smoke. I haven't tried the maduro yet though.
    I received a Maduro fresh rolled at little smoke, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The wrapper started unraveling on me though, but I chalked that up to being out in the dry elements of the pnw during the event
  • Options
    just ordered a mazzo from the beard.