Home General Discussion
Options

A hard thing to figure out

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
Recently I've been really torn between isom's and nc's. I really enjoy some nc's but for the money Christ isom's are the way to go. Every week I think and think about what to order and it's always a tough one! Anyone else have the same issues??
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Never had a Cuban I liked....
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Lee, help Curt out.... He's got a hangover and is in love with his garage door! Thanks Jiunn
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    Lee, help Curt out.... He's got a hangover and is in love with his garage door! Thanks Jiunn

Not a horrible hangover. Just a Seven beer in 3 hr hangover...my fault ! LOL
    And Lee...to be fair I have only smoked a couple so that was an unfair remark. And don't listen to Jim . I don't love my garage door, but it is kinda sexy !!! LOL
    And no need to help me out !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Recently I've been really torn between isom's and nc's. I really enjoy some nc's but for the money Christ isom's are the way to go. Every week I think and think about what to order and it's always a tough one! Anyone else have the same issues??
    all the time, lets see $200 nc or $200 cc? cc always wins
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    whats "nc" and "cc"?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    whats "nc" and "cc"?
    It means Davidoffs are great and Cohiba sucks
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    whats "nc" and "cc"?
    It means Davidoffs are great and Cohiba sucks
    ohhh non cohibas. thanks brother!!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Lee, other then the reviewing side, the majority of my smoking collection is CC. i have a humi dedicated to Henke, and then a monster for review stuff and some of NC I like. I large portion may end up here soon, as I have to do that from time to time to make room. Fact is, I can get two CC for the price of an average NC. That being said, Elogio, Ezra Zion, and Regius are getting my money as they all produce wonderful stuff. For me though, I have to have cigars from every region and different wrappers, otherwise I'd be bored.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Lee, other then the reviewing side, the majority of my smoking collection is CC. i have a humi dedicated to Henke, and then a monster for review stuff and some of NC I like. I large portion may end up here soon, as I have to do that from time to time to make room. Fact is, I can get two CC for the price of an average NC. That being said, Elogio, Ezra Zion, and Regius are getting my money as they all produce wonderful stuff. For me though, I have to have cigars from every region and different wrappers, otherwise I'd be bored.
    i agree padron and a few others will still get my money. But sometimes it's hard to justify buying certain nc's. and you are right about getting bored! Just glad there is so many I still need to try!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm there with you, NC haven't gotten any of my money for a while. I still have quite a stash of them and will be smoking NC for a long while, yet I tend to reach for CC more and more often and they are all I've bought in a while.

I'm not going to make any type of argument that CC are better. The construction and consistency of NC is undeniable. For me, the flavor profile of CC are more suited to my palate and what I desire from my cigar smoking and that's where my humidors are heading.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Are you guys saying that you think cubans are cheaper than higher end NC? I guess some may be, I mean some of the NC's are priced way too high compared to others and really I don't see them being all that worth it. I'd take a siglo 4 or 6 over a god of fire and especially a flying pig. I think once this whole Cuba BS gets fixed cigars are going to lower in price, or they will be illegal so which ever comes first. BTW the higher end cubans aren't exactly cheaper than higher end NC's.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Are you guys saying that you think cubans are cheaper than higher end NC? I guess some may be, I mean some of the NC's are priced way too high compared to others and really I don't see them being all that worth it. I'd take a siglo 4 or 6 over a god of fire and especially a flying pig. I think once this whole Cuba BS gets fixed cigars are going to lower in price, or they will be illegal so which ever comes first. BTW the higher end cubans aren't exactly cheaper than higher end NC's.
    I don't really understand the CC being cheaper argument, either. Most of the CC I have cost between $8 and $10/each. I certainly don't spend an average of $16 to $20 on my NC. Sure, there are plenty of CC you can get for $4 or $5 but those are as cheap as they get.