BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that's like me having Neil Young over to the house...very cool
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Who?....ha, just kiddin
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Your career has afforded you many great opportunities. What a blessing.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Glad you had a great night can't wait to see what comes up when you visit the factory
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    So glad you made the connection. Sounds like it went about as i had expected, and was certainly way beyond cigars...but that was your common love and interest at first ...however, both of your personalities enabled you to bond and form a kinship. He is a very generous and kind man as you experienced...but i think the best is yet to come. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! "We're not worthy" (head bowed, backs out of room) ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Thank you for sharing Rip.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Hola CCom Amigos,

Long time so see. I have been very busy with some personal issues(nothing bad just byhond my control) and had to take a long pause from here. However it didn't stop my cigar collection or my hobby anyway. I will post my latest collection some other time.

The big news is I am going to Esteli tomorrow to spend some time with my friend AJ. I have been working on a blend last three years and now it's time to blend it. AJ has been very kind and supportive so I will give a try. This is for my personal smoke and I have no interest with cigar business.

hope you are are doing well and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap! Welcome back Rip!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome back! pretty awesome you are blending with AJ
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Rip!!!! Glad you're doing ok, we have all missed you.
  • Options
    Thanks Tony...how are you doing my friend?
    SleevePlz:
    Holy crap! Welcome back Rip!
  • Options
    What's up Jliu...all CCs are out of market because you are aging them in your secret vault. Glad to be back.
    jliu:
    welcome back! pretty awesome you are blending with AJ
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Hey Randy how are you doing bud? Though I wasn't here but I thought about my CCom friends all the time. I truely missed this place.
    Rain:
    Rip!!!! Glad you're doing ok, we have all missed you.
  • Options
    Hahahah...missed you Danny boy.
    danielzreyes:
    Rip!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    RIP!!! I don't know you, but I love you!
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Hey Rip, nice to see you around again. I certainly understand the personal issues taking up time and keeping you from here. Wonderful to hear about your recent escapades and now the end result of your blending with AJ. That intense look on AJ's face is very characteristic of him! :)

Have a great time in Estelli tomorrow then. Hope you have time to join him @ his home as well?
  • Options
    Welcome back Rip, I wish you best of luck blending your cigar, I hope it comes out the way you want it
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I speak for all of us in saying we missed you a lot.
    Good to hear you are doing ok.
    Really missed your reviews and all.

Hope you and the family are doing good.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Good to see all is well Rip! Have fun and take lots and lots of pics.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like such a cool opportunity!! Congrats and Buena Suerte!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Hola CCom Amigos,

Long time so see. I have been very busy with some personal issues(nothing bad just byhond my control) and had to take a long pause from here. However it didn't stop my cigar collection or my hobby anyway. I will post my latest collection some other time.

The big news is I am going to Esteli tomorrow to spend some time with my friend AJ. I have been working on a blend last three years and now it's time to blend it. AJ has been very kind and supportive so I will give a try. This is for my personal smoke and I have no interest with cigar business.

I want to try this blend. Gunna release it to the general public?
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    rzaman:
    Hola CCom Amigos,

I want to try this blend. Gunna release it to the general public?
    +1........heck, +1000000000
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you back Rip. Hope all is well with you and the family!
  • Options
    Thanks Berry. I have been friends with the major blenders for a while but end up with AJ because he doesn't hype. I have learned many shocking facts from him about cigar industry. I find him the most sincere and honest guy in the industry. You would be shocked to know that 75% of cigars blends are not what the makers say. I understand the business part but again complete misinformation is wrong. Let's see how it goes. Will report here soon. Good to hear from you.
    bearb:
    Hey Rip, nice to see you around again. I certainly understand the personal issues taking up time and keeping you from here. Wonderful to hear about your recent escapades and now the end result of your blending with AJ. That intense look on AJ's face is very characteristic of him! :)

Have a great time in Estelli tomorrow then. Hope you have time to join him @ his home as well?
  • Options
    The blend I am working on does not make any commercial sense. It is for personal pleasure and depends on how much tobacco I can manage at the end. I set the bar little too high.

AJ made a personal blend for me...again does not make any commercial sense. Most probably the top three best cigars I have ever smoked in my life. Not to show off but I have smoked all the top line cigars. I will write a post in my "Special cigar gift" thread soon. Here is a picture:
    photo e4d3356f-dd5d-41ae-bf50-130f154f06e4_zps69d336cd.jpg
  • Options
    My friend Tony, how are you doing? Everything will be like the past just need little time to organize myself. However my taste has changed a lot. Hope you are doing well.
    0patience:
    I think I speak for all of us in saying we missed you a lot.
    Good to hear you are doing ok.
    Really missed your reviews and all.

Hope you and the family are doing good.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    The blend I am working on does not make any commercial sense. It is for personal pleasure and depends on how much tobacco I can manage at the end. I set the bar little too high.

AJ made a personal blend for me...again does not make any commercial sense. Most probably the top three best cigars I have ever smoked in my life. Not to show off but I have smoked all the top line cigars. I will write a post in my "Special cigar gift" thread soon. Here is a picture:
    Nice looking smokes, I'm glad you picked AJ he's one of my favorite blenders, I like what you said he's not all hype, he's not flashy rock star with tattoos he was just born to make cigars and it shows in a lot of his blends I'm sure he would be a cigar superstar if he could speak English fluently
  • Options
    Hey Jesus! how are you doing my friend? Good to see you here. I will keep the report coming here. Some cool pictures will be added soon. I agree with your comment. AJ Invited my entire family so wives and kids will do there thing and I will spend all my time with tobacco.
    big chunks:
    rzaman:

Nice looking smokes, I'm glad you picked AJ he's one of my favorite blenders, I like what you said he's not all hype, he's not flashy rock star with tattoos he was just born to make cigars and it shows in a lot of his blends I'm sure he would be a cigar superstar if he could speak English fluently