Home Cigar 101

What's your best homemade bead container?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just punched a bunch of holes in the lid of a metal cigarillo tin. It's nice and flat and looks like it will fit in well even in the the smallest of humidors. What neat household items have you converted for use as beads and KL holders?

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    KL needs surface area. I use a Tyvek bag in my wineador from USPS. Otherwise, I use coffins and tupperware.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Cut up water bottles
    Money can't buy taste
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    The beauty of KL is that you can put it just about anything and as was said....the more surface area of KL that is exposed the better it works. I use everything from the bottom of a plastic cup to a soap dish which in the larger humidors works quite well. It''s only about 1/2 deep and 4 to 5 inches in length with 4 inches wide...perfect.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I use these knock-off glad containers, real wide and give plenty of surface area. Also for my smaller humi's I use a glass butter tray...seriously...it works like a charm.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    I have several different kinds, from converted cheapo foam humi containers, to tupperware mods.
    My favorite (for my big cooler) are my "sushi plates".
    These are 4.6 x 6.5 rectangular shallow plastic trays, barely over 1/2 inch tall. They hold 6 oz of beads (KL).
    I stretch a section of pantyhose leg over it and tie off both ends. Excellent surface area, perfect for cooler deployment.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up some of those little pocket tackle boxes. Drilled about a thousand holes in them and presto. They only take up the room of 3 cigars.