Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Funny Story with a happy ending :-) Thank you Rolyn

Went camping this weekend and brought some beer and smokes along. Everything is going great on Saturday morning. I wake up, eat, brush the teeth and then go to the pool for a few hours. Get back and have lunch and hit the bedroom for some quality time with the woman. I come out and decide I'm ready for some Wootstout(13% ABR) and a cigar. I ended up drinking it fairly quickly as it's about 95 outside.

Now, if you have a trailer, RV, or 5th Wheel you are familiar with the two lock system on the front door. One lock takes care of the deadbolt (lower lock on mine) and the upper lock keeps the handle from being pulled, thus you can't open the door even if the deadbolt is unlocked.

So, I'm worn out and pretty buzzed from the beer and end up locking myself and wife out of my trailer. The deadbolt is open but the handle lock is locked.

Hmm, what to do, what to do? Well since the air is on inside the trailer, the windows are all locked. Sooo, I must somehow pick this lock, right? I look around and find my Xikar MTX scissors and decide to put in the cigar poker piece and after 20 minutes give up. At this point, I should have quit and thought about things. However, the beer made me dumb so I proceed to put the bottle opener piece in the lock. Low and behold, 5 minutes later I can't get it out (that's what she said). Damnit, now what?

So now I'm getting pissed, my wife is just raging on me for being stupid (well deserved) the whole time and I've managed to make things worse. I then remember that a window was not locked so I'm able to open it to my relief. I drag the picnic table over (wife won't help - says you "broke" it, you fix it). Finally get in position and work my way into my trailer. Phew!! Grab the keys and open the door from the inside.

Ok, so now I can't close the door, the air is on, and I have a piece of metal stuck in the lock. So I focus on getting the lock cleared and can't do it, even with a bobby pin. At this point, I remove the entire lock system from the door in the hopes to get at the upper lock. Unfortunately, I have no such luck as this is all one piece of metal and I can't get to the rear side of the upper lock. The whole time I realize I'm going to lose the top lock, which is not a huge deal but now it looks bad. I pull out the whole upper lock and since I can now manipulate the tumblers I'm able to get the scissors out.

I'm making progress now so I put the whole lock assembly back in the door, test it and it's in working condition for the most part. New lock systems are about 35 bucks but I know how to put it in now so all good except I have 3 keys for my trailer...I guess it could be worse.

The moral of this story - be careful around 13% beer as it could get ugly.

The happy ending is coming into work today and seeing this on my desk.

This lifted me up from the ground all the way to the ceiling. Thank you so much Rolyn for the extremely generous cigars and lighter. I've lost two lighters recently and I was starting to look for a new one. This is exactly what I wanted to get!! How did you know? I can't tell you how timely this came into my life. However, words will not express my gratitude properly so now that I have your address, you will just have to wait for my Thank you note.

My soul is happy and a weight has been lifted

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's my kind of story!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Haha thats awesome
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    All is well that ends well.

13% ers can really sneak up on you. :)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's my kind of story!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.... Not good but glad Royln could brighten your day! He's great at that..
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like one hell of a trip brother...Glad my package was able to bring you joy..WOW that didnt come out right but you know what I mean.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Sounds like one hell of a trip brother...Glad my package was able to bring you joy..WOW that didnt come out right but you know what I mean.
    Swing....
  • Gotta Luv the 5th wheel!! Great story.. with a happy ending!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Bro u still throwing out your package to people. Nice hit bro.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Bro u still throwing out your package to people. Nice hit bro.
    Yessir Ray..just got back into town after being away for a few days..I will be shipping yours Ray no later than Monday!!