Home General Discussion
Options

I am lucky

Its been over a year and a half since I have been on the forums. Been just as long since I enjoyed a nice cigar. I kept the humidor up and running but just haven't smoked. I am getting married to my best friend this friday and she suprised me with an early wedding gift today. She said to me that she remembers how much I loved cigars and pulled out a bag from our local b&m. She remembered that I loved LFD Airbenders and picked me up 3. Then demanded I go down to my man cave and enjoy one. She even brought me a Sam Adams Octoberfest. After I was about half finished she showed me the rest of the gift. A new pipe and a few different tobacco choices. So here I am got the stereo going enjoying a great cigar and I have the best woman I could ever hope for sitting next to me. I have to thank her for getting me back to this. I even missed you guys.

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome brother, glad to have ya around, and congrats are in order.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back and stay awhile. You are indeed a lucky man.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on finding a gracious and level headed partner!! Stick around!!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    congrats man. My wife was the one who started me down this path also. I think she regrets it a little, but she knows i enjoy it
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RedHead once told me: "You know, you ought to grow a beard and buy another motorcycle." My obliging response: "Yes, Dear."

Happy wife, happy life.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Congrats!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Glad you're falling in love all over again. Congrats!

Stick around. The more the merrier.
  • Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Sounds like you scored a keeper. Enjoy that cigar and congrats on tying the knot brother!
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    This is awesome. If I ever get married, I'd certainly feel lucky to have something similar.
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I am very happy for you! I wish you the very best and hope you remember those things about your wife that she remembered about you! Maybe she'll get you a cigar roller for the wedding too! Here's to you and your good fortune all around!
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Congrats man! Marriage is great, demanding and work but overall the best thing that has happened to me. I hope that you two are very happy.