Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Limitada 2008

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone ever bought a box of these? I was looking through the cigar brands and I never noticed the box that these come in. Do they really come in an ashtray shaped container? What is the container made of? It looks like plastic in the picture. And how are the cigars anyway? I can't help but notice that the 2009's cost almost twice as much as the 2008's. Are they twice as good?

Comments

• I can't comment on the box but I think the 2009's are more expensive because there are only 25,000 09's released compared to the 75,000 08's produced.

CK
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    That would make sense for the price. Anyone know about the box. I'm seriously considering buying this thing based solely on the box. I mean if we consider the ashtray is worth at least $30, and it definately is to me, that means I'd be getting 25 cigars for only $75. This all sounds like a pretty good deal to me, if the ashtray isn't a really thin plastic!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    clearly, (or is it "suspect"? )
    either way, you got a PM
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I've purchased a box, and it is ceramic, not plastic. As for the actual cigars, haven't actually lit one up yet. They do look quite tasty IMO.
    bass8844:
    I've purchased a box, and it is ceramic, not plastic. As for the actual cigars, haven't actually lit one up yet. They do look quite tasty IMO.
    Yeah I actually just got off a chat with Andy D., one of the reps for cigar.com and he assured me it was ceramic. Looks like a sure sell for me as I've been looking for a decent ashtray like that. I never noticed the "Live Help" in the top right corner of the main page for cigar.com. It's actually a pretty helpful little live help chat resource. Very nice!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    it is ceramic and makes a great outdoor ahstray because the bottom is hollow, making it rain proof (I have a $30 padron ashtray that I left outside once and it took weeks to completely dry because the bottom has little felt pads with holes under them, so they pick up all the rain). I don't regret the investment at all and if I had the extra cash, I'd pick up another box. The presentation is beautiful. Oh, and the cigars are good too. :)
    So I was trying to talk to my wife about the time frame in which it would be feasable to purchase the box of cigars, but before I could get anything out she said she didn't care and didn't want to hear about it. So I'm taking this as "do what you want and buy whatever you like!" Now all I have to do is wait around for a decent daily deal to add on and I'll get the free shipping and the free Gurkha Micro-Batch sampler.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    So I was trying to talk to my wife about the time frame in which it would be feasable to purchase the box of cigars, but before I could get anything out she said she didn't care and didn't want to hear about it. So I'm taking this as "do what you want and buy whatever you like!"
    'Tis better to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission!!!

GOD I've played dumb so many times.... the bad part is, it works!
    Lasabar:
    clearlysuspect:
    So I was trying to talk to my wife about the time frame in which it would be feasable to purchase the box of cigars, but before I could get anything out she said she didn't care and didn't want to hear about it. So I'm taking this as "do what you want and buy whatever you like!"
    'Tis better to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission!!!

GOD I've played dumb so many times.... the bad part is, it works!
    So she was reading this a couple minutes ago and said "I didn't say that!" To which I replied, "Baby, it's on the internet. It's gotta be true!"
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if it does not interfere with your bills and its your money, i see no problem.
    Oh god no. I would never let something like cigars come anywhere remotely close to interfering with my finances or responsiblities. But I think it's only healthy to keep ones entertainment expenses in check and contributions to my hobbies well balanced. I foresee myself purchasing more cigars in the winter as the frequency of my golf outtings start to drop off. And since stock and investments is my top hobby, I can honestly say that I often think of a $105.00 box of cigars/cool ashtray as a possible 6.045 shares of Aqua America!

I've said all this to say..... I'm definately buy the box of cigars as soon as possible!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'm thinking of getting a box (or 2) too. I had one a couple weeks ago and liked it, really liked it and just noticed the price.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    These were the first box purchase I ever made, about a year ago. I use the ashtray almost daily (the bottom half of the box, not so much.) These are a great smoke especially with some time on them, they just keep getting better and better. I should pick up another box while I can - it's a good price even if it came in a regular box.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I'm thinking of getting a box (or 2) too. I had one a couple weeks ago and liked it, really liked it and just noticed the price.
    That's how you roll!
    Alright! So this is why I love Cigar.com. So, the time has come to purchase the box. I was mainly waiting around for a Daily Deal that I liked so I'd get free shipping. Here's what I got:

5 Vegas Limitada 2008 x 25 sticks

Absolutely AWESOME 5 Vegas Limitada 2008 Ashtray

5 Vegas Relic x 1

Oliveros 5 Pack Sampler x 2 (Free Shipping with Daily Deal)

Gurkha Micro-Batch 4 Pack Sampler

Oliva 5 Pack Sampler

45 cigars in total, and all for the very low price of $145.00! We're only talking $3.22 per stick for some premium sticks, plus I got an incredible ashtray with the deal! I don't know where else you can get a deal like this! Thank you Cigar.com! I can't wait to open this package early next week!
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I'm jealous....you can't beat that deal...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Actually - you might have, with today's daily deal on the '08's. Of course, you wouldn't have gotten the cool box/ashtray...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Alright! So this is why I love Cigar.com. So, the time has come to purchase the box. I was mainly waiting around for a Daily Deal that I liked so I'd get free shipping. Here's what I got:

5 Vegas Limitada 2008 x 25 sticks

Absolutely AWESOME 5 Vegas Limitada 2008 Ashtray

5 Vegas Relic x 1

Oliveros 5 Pack Sampler x 2 (Free Shipping with Daily Deal)

Gurkha Micro-Batch 4 Pack Sampler

Oliva 5 Pack Sampler

45 cigars in total, and all for the very low price of $145.00! We're only talking $3.22 per stick for some premium sticks, plus I got an incredible ashtray with the deal! I don't know where else you can get a deal like this! Thank you Cigar.com! I can't wait to open this package early next week!
    That is too awesome man! Shoulda posted that combo up before ordering - I'd have picked it up myself!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Actually, I made this order about 30 minutes after midnight and I posted this right after. And I don't regret anything. The ashtray definately makes it worth every penny. I tried one of the Limitada's last night and loved it.