Home General Discussion
Options

questions

do you actually know what u going to smoke. during the morning, noon, night, or whatever the occasion. do you have take time out ti think on it or grab n go.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet there are as many different answers to this question as there are types of cigars. Sometimes I am thinking about smoking something specific, but often I'm sidetracked by what I see after I open my humidor or cooler and I smoke something different.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rice Crispy:
    do you actually know what u going to smoke. during the morning, noon, night, or whatever the occasion. do you have take time out ti think on it or grab n go.
    i always have an idea of what I am thinking about when i open my humi, but over half the time when i go in there I end up with something else.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Rice Crispy:
    i always have an idea of what I am thinking about when i open my humi, but over half the time when i go in there I end up with something else.
    Yep, happens to me too.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    FNAFNA Posts: 55
    Sometimes I plan on a specific cigar, sometimes just a size, sometimes just the strength, sometimes just the wrapper guides me.

So mostly but not always "no" as to specific cigar, mostly "yes" as to some specific quality of the cigar, but sometimes just "Lemme see what I got."

This morning as I was grabbing my daytime allotment (into work, lunch, way home and spare) I pulled out a handmade in TexAS Alamo toro. I went to a different box to grab a torpedo for the way home then decided to use two torpedoes and not the Alamo. For lunch I grab a short robusto (Cedar Room) I just got from JR , but hell that's right beside some other robustos I just got and I'm back and forth between them, then I can't decide on the spare. Hello, it's the spare, probably won't even smoke it.

For me, picking a smoke is just as chaotic as the rest of my life.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have a clue! I generally pull out about two weeks worth of random smokes and put em in small humis (20ct) so that I have a varitity of choices without digging too much. I try not to get into the med's more than twice a month and the big boys once a month, it doesn't always work out that way though!
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    It is funny for me to think about this because when I started, I think one of my goals was to find out about the few cigars that I really liked and buy those in quantity and just smooth sailing from there. "Ah smoke Cohibas and Ah smoke Montecristos", or something like that. After several years I realize that will likely never be the case. So I have over 100 different kinds of cigars currently and not a clue as to what I will pull out of the humidor next. I do get thoughts that help me plan ahead though. For example I was thinking the other day that I hadn't had a Padron in quite awhile and I have some that have been sitting awhile. So I'm pretty sure one of those will be coming out soon.
  • Options
    FNAFNA Posts: 55
    "I was thinking the other day that I hadn't had a Padron in quite awhile"

just what I've been thinking (except only "a while" not "quite a while") for a couple of days. I bet get around to one before the coming weekend is out (or not).

See, that will be one of the times i do have a specific cigar in mind.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I bet there are as many different answers to this question as there are types of cigars. Sometimes I am thinking about smoking something specific, but often I'm sidetracked by what I see after I open my humidor or cooler and I smoke something different.
    Same here.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I smoke whatever catches my eye when I open my humidor which is a mismatch of sticks, I never buy boxes and have very few multiples of the same cigar.