Home General Discussion
Options

Short 30-45 minute smokes for the winter?

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
The winter months are coming up and this will be my first "Winter" to be a several cigar a week smoker. I started smoking in January of last year, but i was still just a 1-2 cigar a week smoker, but now that I am enjoying a daily smoke and getting to 5-7 a week there is no way i will be sitting out in sub 30 degree weather for over an hour to smoke a cigar.

so to make a long story short, pun intended, what are some of your favorite 30-45 minute cigars? Please try to stay away from ISOMs. I am not comfortable acquiring them yet, so i will be mostly looking at buying NCs.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Partagas Cifuentes - Diciembre (5.5 x 49) box of 20 $59.95 - (On the sprint sale often so you could get them cheaper.) Not really a short smoke but at $3 or less per stick you won't feel so bad about leaving some of it in the ashtray.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    H. Upmann 1844 Reserve has a small size. Demitasse 4.5x33 Nice medium body and 93 rated. 30 minutes and quite tasty
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    5V Gold nuggets, any Room 101 papi chulos, DPG blue demi tasse, MUWAT baitfish, Obsidian mini corona, etc... I think they did a video here about coronas that you should be able to find in the videos page.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    tat pcr and verocru no 5 are some of my winter go tos. nice little 15 20 min smokes
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    My Father Coronas. You can catch a good deal on the Box sales they have every once in awhile on this site. Or Rocky patel decade 5x50's.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Mini- or petite-coronas: 5 Vegas Miami and Gold, Obsidian, RP 1990 all come in this vitola - i'm sure there's plenty more I forgot or don't know about. That or most any of the AJ coronas. Sometimes I'll smoke the little cubanitos that come in tins, but they usually just make me wish I'd smoked a real cigar. The mini-coronas satisfy that for me.
  • Options
    i guess i'm gonna have to pick some of these up the MUWAT baitfish, the tat Petit Cazadores Reserva and Verocu No. 5, and the Papi Chulo sound like just what i am looking for, especially the Papi Chulo. I haven't found a ton of 40 and under RGs that i like a lot.

keep the suggestions coming!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padron, AVO, DPG Blue and La Aurora all make those cortico sizes that are a good 15 minutes if the weather really goes south..
  • Options
    SchackersSchackers Posts: 18
    I had the fuente Hemingway the other day it was great! The short story would be perfect
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Padron, AVO, DPG Blue and La Aurora all make those cortico sizes that are a good 15 minutes if the weather really goes south..
    Second this. And the little tins they come in are cool to collect, too.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Again padron londres!!!!! If you don't like them ill take them
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    They are very good!!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    They are very good!!
    ooohhhh I know!! I can't believe more people don't talk about them
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Bigshizza:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    They are very good!!
    ooohhhh I know!! I can't believe more people don't talk about them
    Great cigar and the price couldn't be better either. The J. Fuego Origen Originals are also really nice and very cheap (5 for 11.50 right here at ccom) for a shorter smoke.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    What is this "winter", sub 30 degree weather you speak of? It must be a regional thing. I can only refer you to the thread about men dens. I always say "when in Rome do as the Romans do". You should do what the bears do in winter. Man was never meant to live above the 30th parallel.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Well now, I did write an article on this and will have another coming soon ;)
    catfishbluezz:
    I've been smoking a ton of mini's lately, and rather enjoy them. Check out my writeup of several out there, if tehre is enough interest, I'll do this again.mini madnessimage
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Well now, I did write an article on this and will have another coming soon ;)
    catfishbluezz:
    I've been smoking a ton of mini's lately, and rather enjoy them. Check out my writeup of several out there, if tehre is enough interest, I'll do this again.mini madnessimage
    Weren't most of yours ISOMs? I don't have a connection for that not am I comfortable with that.....
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    not at all, only one bro... The Eddie Ortega maduro is awesome. Padron Londres, Avo XO Presto, Regius and Avo purito's, are all smaller coronas I love.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Schackers:
    I had the fuente Hemingway the other day it was great! The short story would be perfect

Short Story (Esp. the Maduro if you can get it)
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the small coronas in your favorite brands will fit the bill nicely. Which reminds me it's time to get me some of the diesel and 5 Vega coronas.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Get some 5 Vegas Miami Petite Corona while they last, the Miami has been discontinued!